Sign in to follow this  
MikeOswald

Graphtec CE1000-60 questions

There is a used one these for sale locally.  They are asking $500 with stand, 5-6 years old.   

Does this sound like a fair asking price?

Also, I currently have a craft robo Pro (love it!)  I am basically looking to upgrade to the larger machine, but, since this is 5 years old, am I taking a step or 2 backwards in technology just for the larger machine?

Thanks in advance

Graphtec's don't change models every year.  Mine is a Fc7000 model which I purchased new  in 2008, but the model was manufactured earlier. maybe came out  somewhere in 2005-2007,  not sure.  My machine has EVERYTHING I need. plus features, I don't use. and I don't run on a newer windows systems. You don't need to.  I stay back on an XP and purchase XP back ups.  they are more stable.  I think if the machine is in good running order, $500 is a fair price.   Graphtecs last a long time. and are great machines, If they are taken care of.  And they don't have more  in technology upgrades than they did 5 years ago.  But they have the ARMS today.   They cut, and they track great. what more do you need?  I don't think it has contour cutting though,  But Software can be purchased reasonably for that.  and you can always make them a lower offer. Maybe they will take it.   Have them cut a detailed design for you.  I guess it all depends on what you are wanting the vinyl cutter to do for your purposes. and needs. What do you think your losing by going to an older machine? my 2c