Sign in to follow this  
bsworks75

Taping Idiot (newbie) needs help!

I'm new to all of this and thus far I've had a handful of small projects as well as Huge projects. The real issue I'm having now is the dang taping process. That tape is worse than static cling wrap, haha. So anyway, is there an easy way I can tape a large project? Or will I have to continue to partner up with my husband where one of us bites each others head off because we both think we know best :thumbsup:

any help/input/other people methods is greatly appreciated

I bought and use this from us cutter works great for me or you could use the big squeegee a lot of folks have good luck with that.  You can also do a search on here there are some posts about making your own.

post-2082-1298655666572_thumb.jpg

post-2082-12986556680439_thumb.jpg

what kind of tape are you using?  clear or paper?,  Paper is the easiest to use. and make rolling up large projects smooth.  If using clear, on smaller decals, I lay the clear tape on the table with the adhesive UP. Put a little something on the corners for weight, then I kinda slowly start at the beginning of the tape, and beginning of decal, and slowly apply the decal to the tape.  Don't just lay it on the tape flat, you'll get alot of bubbles. Smooth your decal with one hand while holding the decal with the other hand until it's all on the tape..  Then squeeggee it real good when your done. works for me.  For paper,  people us an applicator like mr300s said and the big squeeggee,  I'm sure you can find some videos on you tube, also.

Speedoggy I actualy do my paper like that also on long cuts I just roll out my tape then lay the graphic in rubbing it as i go then squeegee. I have been going to build a tape dispenser but have not took the time to do it. bsworks  pratice and paitence is key soon it will come natural.

Dan

I use the US Cutter app tape roller. It works real well for me, I can tape 10' graphics by myself with it. It works well even if your work surface is smaller (I'm working on a 5' table).