Sign in to follow this  
Warez

How do I scoot a design over? It keeps left aligning.

There's probably a simple way to do this, but I can't figure it out.

If I cut a design that only takes up a few inches of vinyl, how can I cut something else afterwards immediately to the side.

Let's say this is my design:

design1.jpg

The Cutter screen looks like this:

cut1.jpg

I cut the circle and rectangle.

Now, I decide I want to cut something to the right of this, so I add the following:

design2.jpg

And I delete the first designs:

design3.jpg

I get this:

cut2.jpg

I really need that "ABC" to be over about 8 inches, otherwise it'll cut my circle and rectangle.

And I get the same thing if I leave the rectangle and circle, select the "ABC" and then click the "selected only" checkbox on the Cutter screen.

Any idea how I can accomplish what I trying to do?

Thanks

Try clicking on "Jog" in the cutter window -- I looked at it, but I am not on the computer I have my cutter set up on and can't check to see if this does what you want or ont.

-Mike

You have to take the cutter offline then jog it over with the arrow buttons. Press the set home button then you can start cutting.

Thanks Jay!  I saw the "jog" button in the cutter menu bar and clicked on it - looked like it would move the origin inside the software.  Warez -- jay2703 is THE goto guy on SignBlazer.

-Mike

I hope this is simple and I'm just overlooking it. My PC died and I had to re-load Sign Blazer onto a replacement. I CANNOT for the life of me find a way to "jog" from the cutter screen. There is not jog button and it's not even available in the Configure Toolbar option. Anyone know how to get that tool added?

Thanks!

If you don't check the "Fit to Origin" button, it will stay in the same position relative to the bottom left workspace corner.

C:\Documents and Settings\jah7735\Desktop\2012-01-21_2217.png

I would just move the cutter head to where I wanted to start and set a new origin on the machine before cutting. It is easier to make sure you get it right.

Jay

How do I move the cutter head to where I want to start? I don't have a jog option in the program.

On the cutter you should have a button that says Offline or Online.

Take the cutter Offline.

Use the arrow buttons to move the cutter head where you want to start cutting.

Press the Home or Origin button. (usually in the center of the arrow buttons.)

Put the cutter back Online and start cutting.

Ok cool, that makes sense.

Any ideas on how to get the jog button back in my Sign Blazer program? It was very handy in checking vinyl tracking and stuff.

I just take mine offline and use the arrow keys to advance the vinyl forward and back.

I just take mine offline and use the arrow keys to advance the vinyl forward and back.

That is the way I do it also on my pcut seems much easier to me on my dgi you select scrap or roll and it measures the vinyl to cut the most efficient.

Dan

That is the way I do it also on my pcut seems much easier to me on my dgi you select scrap or roll and it measures the vinyl to cut the most efficient.

Dan

My GCC does the same but sometimes I want to move it over a hair to make sure everything cuts.