Sign in to follow this  
Debra Payne

What step am I missing??

Needless to say I am new to Corel Draw X4 and am having a big problem.  Once I design what I want to cut, I convert it to bitmap and then trace it with the detailed logo.  Then I save it as an .svg file.  When I try to import it into cutting software there is nothing there.  It says there is nothing in the file.  On some of them it works with the graphic but the text I add is gone or it is not cutting the centers out of like the b's.  I need these pretty quick and am so confused.  I have ordered the tutorial videos but do not have time to wait on these I am working on.  Can anybody help me through this??

Doesn't your cutting software need a vector file?  Why are you designing a vector image in corel then converting it to raster, just to trace it back to a vector?  Why not just save as EPS and import that to the cutting software...or just import the corel file into the cutting software if it accepts it?  You didn't say what you were using for cutting software. 

Sorry to say,

If your work depends on knowledge you do not have take care of it first.

Do not press yourselve or others as this will not work in the end.

Like said Corel is a vector design program.

As with every design program first learn how it works.

What you do is the designing backwards.

First start with a basic letter and see if this works.

google for youtube video and tutorials of coreldraw X4 and use them to enhance your skills first.

Paco

Knucklehead, THANK YOU SO MUCH!  That is what I was missing.  Okay, now I did that and when I take it SB, it looks great on the first page but when I click on Cut, the text is gone.  Where did it go and how do I fix it???  Please help!

Is your page size in Corel the same or smaller to the page size you have established in SB? Do you have the same issue, if you export/import the file as an EPS rather than SVG?