Sign in to follow this  
john!

Buyer Beware: jeremySI

postal clerk told me for first class DC can only be gotten on an item over 3/4" thick just an FYI.

nope they just said there was unusual and/or suspicious activity. a quick search has shown thousands of people they have done it to and refused to reopen the account. im thinking of taking them to small claims court, we will see if they decide to show up or release me my money early if i do that.

yeah i plan on NEVER keeping money in paypal again. not that i have a new paypal again cough cough

1. Paypal is essentially a bank. They are not,however, regulated like banks are. In other words, they can do anything they damn well please.

2. It costs me .19 cents for delivery Confirmation on first class...when I print the label through paypal. Which is about as easy as it gets. The postman picks it up, I don't leave the house. DC is FREE with Priority mail. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't use it, esp on a $100+ Item.

Having said that..did Paypal give you any reason or explanation on the reason they shut down your account?

This is why I transfer money to my bank account...never keep more than $500 in Paypal at any given time.

So I see 2 people here who need some lesson learning. I hope you have.

just went thru this on a package, a couple of weeks ago.  that was in a 6" x 9" manilla envelope, it weighed 2 oz. and I paid $1.58  which included delivery confirmation. It was not even 3/4"  The customers mail carrier told them, then had to pay $4.23 to get this package.  I have been shipping these for years, and other thin parcels. with no problems with printed delivery confirmations. .  I contacted my postmaster who contacted the postmaster there., and they tried to use  that rule. That rule no longer exists and hasn't for quite some time. My post master contacted the regional office and that is what they said. It does not have to be 3/4"  The customer got refunded. And I still continue to ship as usual with no problems. THat was my first and only problem like that in over 4 years.

look on the USPS website. 

can be used on these.

Delivery Confirmation may be used with the following services:

First-Class Mail

I print everything from Paypal,  and actually, when you print First Class, you are FORCED to pay the delivery confirmation of 19c . You cannot delete it. It is automatically added to the fee.  Priority is FREE.

I once had a package get all the way to Boise Idaho...the postmaster there decided that it wasn't thick enough so they sent it back to me. With thinking like this..is it any wonder that the post office is going broke? Very good use of post office resources,that was. Anyway, After that I just stick a piece of styrofoam in every package to make it 3/4 inch thick. Result is, it can't be sorted mechanically, has to be hand sorted.Again, brilliant thinking, USPS!

print your postage through Paypal...get the discount (you will after awhile) and let them pick it up.

I haven't actually gone to the post office but twice in the past year..both times for Express mail delivery..which has to be at the PO by 5pm.

Paypal never gets to hold any of my money, period - and if they were holding $2,000 of my funds I'd be demanding interest... IRS is forced to pay it, paypal is no better..