Sign in to follow this  
tbey24

Newbie Needing Help!!!

Hi all,

Yesterday I successfully used my new vinal cutter for the first time using SB.

Today though, nothing. It is saying it is sending it to the cutter but nothing is being cut.

I have tried increasing the baud rate but this is not working.

Can anyone shed some light on this please.

Many thanks

Trevor

make sure your com ports are still matching.  Also If you are disconnecting your cutter/ computer. not a good thing.  You should leave it as a dedicated cutter/computer. ,  don't keep unplugging it. 

Make sure the baud rate on the cutter matches the software as well. Sometimes when you power off the cutter it defaults to something else.

I do have to unplug my computer from the cutter and this seems to be where the problem lies.

Many thanks

What type of connection are you using? Is serial an option?

Jay

I do have to unplug my computer from the cutter and this seems to be where the problem lies.

Many thanks

Do you have the funds to get a dedicated computer?  You don't need a new computer for a vinyl cutter.  I still use XP  with an XP computer back up.  Plenty of cheap older computers on EBAY.  with serial would be best. 

I frequently see references to "serial is better" but best I can figure USB is a faster more reliable connection....So why so much talk about "serial"?....

I frequently see references to "serial is better" but best I can figure USB is a faster more reliable connection....So why so much talk about "serial"?....

Not so on the less expensive Chinese cutters. The USB ports do not make good connections and you lose you signal causing problems. Serial is much more reliable on the lower end cutters if it is an option. As for speed these files are so small as is the amount of memory on the machines so it isn't an issue.

Jay