Sign in to follow this  
PowderEffectz

Hello from NW Indiana

hey guys, I'm from Chesterton, Indiana, I'm a powder coater, looking for a better way for masking projects then the ol razor knife... Ive been kicking the idea around for some time now and now i think its time i joined a forum and learn something before i buy...

Guest AndrewJ

Welcome from Seattle, WA... well, actually...pretty far away.

Hello and welcome from West Virginia  That is very smart to read and become informed before buying or trying to cut. It is a learning process but there are several tutorials on here and a wealth of information from the members that have been at it for a while, again welcome and good luck.

Dan

well ive read just about everything on this forum...lol A lot of stuff way over my head, but ill pick it up im sure. I think ill drop the ball in a few weeks, too busy really to learn and set up a vinyl cutter for the next few weeks.

thanks for the warm welcome...

wow i really have to admit, i have great concern about buying a hobby cutter right now, i have read a lot of bad posts, tons of problems, seems for every 1 happy there are 3 un happy..... I figured this would be so, a few years ago i purchased a Chinese plasma cutter, never got to use it, had 3 in a row sent to me for warranty, i paid shipping every time.... i spent $1000 and i don't even have a broken one in the garage, they just stopped taking my messages and every post on their forum i made, they censored it... I bought a backup powder coating system for "just in case". After all the warranty issues i could have bought another real one...hummm SO I'm sure i will be the one getting the DOA unit and spend a few grand to get a working one....

I think ill hang around and really make a well informed choice on this.

honoestly... what do some of you think?

It is like any thing you buy the more money the better product usually. Almost every cutter on the market now is from china except for the high end cutters (Mostly considered professional cutters) but there are some that do the job well. I have a p-cut and so far it works fine (a little over a year) I bought it on a ebay auction for 212.00 it took a long time to finally win one at a good price. I have read nothing but good reviews on the co-pam cutter this cutter is also a stepper motor cutter where as the better cutters have digital servo motors that can do more intricate work. So as you can see your options are plentiful mostly dictated by your budget and what you will be doing with the cutter.

Dan

Hi Powder from so close we could go out and get a drink!!! Welcome to the board!! I do signs, banners, decals, sublimination, heat transfers, stuff like that!! I have a Graphtech ce5000-60 that I love/hate LOL... mostly love, and when I hate it.......alot of times it's my own fault!! Renee