Sign in to follow this  
rtfulk

Hello All

Hello,

I haven't purchased a cutter yet, but plan on doing so in the very near future. I primarily want to use it to cut fabric and some vinyl. I am also a Mac user I see US Cutter offers 2 versions of software. Any Mac users have a favorite or opinion on which one to use.

Thanks,

Randy

Guest Terry

Welcome, I never heard of cutting fabric. How does that work? do you use it to plot a pattern stencil then cut by hand?

Thanks Terry.

I want to use it to cut appliques for embroidery work. It should be just like cutting a design in vinyl.... squares, circles many different shapes. Also does anyone have suggestions on what to use for a backing to run it through a cutter?

Randy

I would like to use Mac software, but I do have parallels installed with XP Pro on my Macs. My embroidery software and engraving software runs only on windows so basically I can run either one. I also transferred CorelDraw X3 to one of my Macs to use on XP Pro in parallels. If I decided to go with a windows version which one would work the best with CorelDraw X3? . Also on the fabric cutting I am looking at using this:

http://www.twillusa.com/product_info.php?products_id=86

I hope it is ok to post links here.

I am also wanting to do Monogrammed initals on vinyl has anyone done that and will the PCUT 24" or the MH721 do this and the twill cutting? and If you had a choice which cutter would you choose the PCUT 24" or the MH721.

Thanks for any answers you can give,

Randy

Hello,

We have a plugin for Illustrator CS2 and CS3 on the Mac only.

This has not been released yet and will be at the end of Jan 2008.

If you want to try a 30 day version for CS2 only then just email me at

jerry@signblazernet (put a full stop before net)

Also we have quite a number of users with SignBlazer Elements running faultlessly using Parallels on Macs.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Hi Randy,  welcome to the best, vinyl forum in the WORLD! learn, share and show us some pic of your work when you can.  Daniel t