Vinyl Works

Tempory truck signs needed

I need temporary signage ideas for a mobile coffee and pastry vendor that would like to sublease their truck to nondirect competition.  We just lettered up his robbin egg blue truck with spot color navy blue vinyl, see attached photo. The logo is 36" x 36".  This is the mobile division of a very established and trendy restaurant/bar.  So white banners are out of the question, and magnets are out because these are aluminum panels.

I know there are lots of brilliant sign people on this forum, all your ideas are welcomed.

post-4021-12986556065292_thumb.jpg

post-4021-1298655606589_thumb.jpg

post-4021-12986556082304_thumb.jpg

post-4021-12986556082818_thumb.jpg

Use Oracal 631. It's great for temporary applications. Comes off easy.

That was meant to be a question.  Do you guarantee your Oracal product will not pull of the GSP 220 Scotchcal Vinyl?  This is a practice my customer may want to due a few times a month.  It sounds like a lot of sticking and pulling on the applied graphics.

I would give it a try on something else to see how it works. I don't believe it would pull off the other decals.

If they will be using it a few times a month how about coroplast mounted with double sided mounting tape?

It should come off and clean up fairly easy

my idea would be studs and/or threaded holes on the side of the van allow teh temp mounting of some type of rigid substrate that could be changed out as needed.

I really cant imagine 631 wouldn't work - the other vinyl is going to hold much better

Oracal 631 sounds great and I like the idea of the interchangeable substrate.  But nothing too ridged ... toss in some road vibration to sand/dust between the box truck and substrate and you get bad results to the newly painted and lettered surface. 

I like this idea of the interchangeable media and it will visually look the best.  I spoke to one of my local suppliers and he has 3M sending out 5 yards of 54" IJ3555 Interchangeable Graphic Film.  It is classified as a free "sample role" that they are shipping directly to me by weeks end.  SWEET!

Does Oracal provide these types of samples.  It is a sweet deal, I can test out a job before I have to drop $400-500 on another media role.

Watched one of those custom truck shows a while back and I like the idea they used.

Cut in a plexi-glass window in the side of the truck and put LED Televisions in the side.

Then you can use a computer and change the design on a minute by minute basis.  :D

JOhn ><>