Hoppy

hello from Fulton NY, just bought my 1st cutter..

Hello to every one,

My name is Jeff and I am a stay @ home dad with my 3 girls (4 yrs and 18 month old twins). I just bought my first cutter, a Refine gold 28 from US Cutter via ebay. Looking forward to making a few x-tra dollars from home.  I am also in the process of getting a heat press and some transfers. I am looking for some advice, what else do I need? I plan on using Oracle vinyl. Going to order 50yrd white and black and a rainbow of 10 yrd for stock. What is the preferred app tape? The R-tape or the clear BGS? Pros and cons of each? Also how much easier is it to have a app tape roller?

I know I will have many more questions once I have the equipment in hand. I have never done any work like this in the past. Any and all suggestions to get started are much appreciated.

Thanks

We burn through white, black and red and only use paper tape.  An app tape roller makes things much easier.  There is also the Big Squeegee, but it doesn't work 100% of the time. 

Shameless plug....

We actually make an app tape roller in our steel shop.  I came up with this because nothing else I bought worked in every instance.  We just started marketing it a few weeks ago.  See the photo.  The side plates are 1/8" steel (powder coated) and the roller tubes are 14" thick PVC.  You can mount it to an existing bench or use a 36" wide slab door from HD or Lowes.  I've masked as long as 22 feet x 24" using the actual table in the photo.

post-8251-12986556018283_thumb.jpg

post-8251-12986556018831_thumb.jpg

post-8251-12986556029438_thumb.jpg

post-8251-12986556029872_thumb.jpg

so paper tape is the R-tape right.. Also should I have x-tra blades? how fast do they get dull? what is a better blade 45 or 60? I will look at the app tape rollers.

Thanks

I change blades about every 4-6 weeks but I do a LOT of cutting. Every day,full time business.

Welcome from Palmrya, NY!! If you ever need any help, let me know. from  my experience around here lime tree green, orange, white, and black. Go to the track and find someone who needs some stuff done, and with any luck you will stay busy like I have.

Hi all,

I'm Derrick from Jamaica.

Tool and die-making is my thing but a little diversification is always good.

I've been practicing with my Lynx cutter since January but still can't seem to nail the problem of incomplete chains during the cuts. It really makes weeding a little painful.

I need some help here, please!

Thanks for all the well wishes.. good to see some fellow NY'ers here.. I know I am going to need some help along the way. I am a little intimidated to be honest..  :D  I am not the most computer literite person, but I am jumping in both feet and will learn as I go.. So I also see the screen name Boosted.. What are you refering to? I have a couple 300zx's, both twin turbo's.. was my hobbie for a long time.. still is when I can find time to enjoy them. I have one built and dynoed @ 637 rwhp.. fun toys..

Thanks again

Thanks for all the well wishes.. good to see some fellow NY'ers here.. I know I am going to need some help along the way. I am a little intimidated to be honest..  :D  I am not the most computer literite person, but I am jumping in both feet and will learn as I go.. So I also see the screen name Boosted.. What are you refering to? I have a couple 300zx's, both twin turbo's.. was my hobbie for a long time.. still is when I can find time to enjoy them. I have one built and dynoed @ 637 rwhp.. fun toys..

Thanks again

once a long long time ago (read before I had kids) I had an 85 Grand National, I have used that screen name for just about everything in the past 10 years. I love Z's. I used to frequent the speedway up there until they got rid of the street stocks, but once you get comfortable with your cutter and installations that is a good place to hang out.