Sign in to follow this  
BennettUA

How to center an object to cut

This software is SOOOOOOOOOO bad....but since it's the only free cutting software out there, I guess we all have to live with it.

How do you center a design to cut? I have an eps file, I get it ready to cut, and then it dissappears when I enter the cutter setting, I don't see it at all!

This is turning out to be the worst purchasing decision I ever made. This SHOULD be a very simple tool, and yet, between the software headaches and the "support," I feel like it's just a spacehog.

your .eps file has to be a version 8.eps or older to work in Signblazer.  If you have Illy just convert it to an older .eps

your .eps file has to be a version 8.eps or older to work in Signblazer.  If you have Illy just convert it to an older .eps

It opens at first in SB, and then when I go to cut, it dissappears, magically, as if the gods are trying to convince me that this was all a big waste of money and time. They've succeeded!

when you hit the cutter button (in sb), it should give you a preview of what section your about to cut, if not, make sure you have the proper layer selected (upper left side), also check the size, it shows at the bottom of the screen the object dimensions

yes, its obviously the software's fault, seeing as there are so many who use it without problems.  :-

make sure the image you want to cut is inside the workspace before you try to cut it.

It opens at first in SB, and then when I go to cut, it dissappears, magically, as if the gods are trying to convince me that this was all a big waste of money and time. They've succeeded!

It would certainly be neat if this was magic, but it is not. It is most likely that you are trying to cut a non cuttable format, like a bitmap or jpeg. Are you getting an error when you try to go from the design screen to the cut screen? If this is the case you will need to read the walk through on how to vectorize in SignBlazer Elements. I have linked to this walk through below.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=30&nav=0,5