Useless

Warranty Length?

On uscutterdirect.com, the warranty is 1 year. Why do you only offer a 30 day warranty for your eBay sales? I haven't bothered to bid due to that discrepancy.  :huh:

well you get it on ebay for 300$ less .....spend the $50 for the year warranty and you save yourself $250..... what discrepancy??? :huh:

Same product, same seller, yet you believe you can justify a 30 day warranty on a brand new electronic item? I don't care if you sell a product on eBay or at Best Buy, a 30 day warranty shows no faith in one's product. If I had not Googled the product, I would have only have seen it up for auction and assumed it was crap with a crap warranty. You may whole-heartedly disagree with me, and that's fine, buy you may want to consider the message you are sending to the majority of the eBay consumers who only know about the 30 day warranty.

I was expressing interest in purchasing one of your cutters. I've done my research, I posed a solid and fair question, yet the only reply I get is an attempt to make me feel like a fool. No thank you. I'll find another cutter. Perhaps you should have treated me like a potentional customer, not some schmuck who spends his days on threaded message boards.

It states in the auction that you can buy a 1 year warranty for $50.00.And I think anyone who visits their ebay store,or uscutter direct would know that the price difference and length in the warranty has to do with the difference in the actual price you pay.Even if you paid the extra $50.00 for the ebay warranty you would still be getting a cutter for considerably less than you would through uscutterdirect.It doesn't show less faith, it shows they are offering people a chance to have a machine that can make them a living without costing them an arm and a leg.Do your research and find out what summa and roland offer for a warranty.Then find out the total price for you to get their cutter.Mine has more than paid for itself in 6 months.And I didn't have to take out a loan to get it.I'm sorry if you feel you don't need one of their cutters.But I have two of their cutters right now.And I'll bet I have me another one before the end of the year.If you really do your research,find out how much it will cost to have a roland tech come out and fix their cutters and the parts it will take as well.UsCutter offers a cutter so low that you can buy a new one cheaper than a tech.But it's your money.

I in no means were saying that you were a fool I was just stating that there is no discrepancies... You can buy it selltopis and get one year warranty with you purchase through them..... or you buy it on ebay for 300$ less then selltopia ...with a 30 day warrany and the option to buy a 1 year warranty for $50 extra dollars ontop of your ebay price..... I do not see it as a a gimmick ....They are getting their name out there through ebay if that means selling it for less than they do at their website..... then so be it ...  Those are your 2 options ...

Personaly I would go to ebay win an auction for 300$ shell ot the 50$ for the 1 year warranty ..and you get a cutter for 350$

Can someone clarify all of this for me? First of all are we talking about the Copam machines? As I read the post on ebay ( for the Copam machine) I took it that if one was not satisfied with the cutter you could return it within 30 days for a refund minus shipping. And that there is a 1 year warranty ( at no additional cost) as long as the shipping insurance was purchased at the time of paypalling. Then if an additional year was wanted (making it two years of warranty) it could be purchased for 75.00. Is this correct? If not will you explain and let me know what is.

pianomom

Excuse me?!! Is this last post directed towards my question Beardown? I am not trying to bother you. I had not realized that this post was directly under the USCutter Refine. I had pulled it up under "Show unread posts since last visit". I was just trying to clarify because I thought the original question from Useless was mistaken/misread and then as I read the rest of the posts I was confused by the info, because I had not seen in the fine print on the Refine cutter that the 30 day warranty offer was extended, I had only seen this purchase offer on the Copams, so then I was really confused. So instead of calling me an  ***, you could have just stated that I was mistaken and confusing the two machines. You know we can't all be perfect!!! I have really enjoyed the last week or so learning a lot of useful knowledge from everyone on this site as I get ready to buy, and set up a vinyl cutter, but I don't need this kind of harassment or treatment from a question, even if you consider it a dumb one. And frankly I would think other people agree!! If this is the kind of response that I am to expect from simple questions, even a misdirected question, than I am a bit concerned.

pianomom

Piano mom ....no not directed at you ...sorry I should have used the quote button....

No not directed at you at all .... there was an edited post by useless if you scroll up you will see that he edited his post ... Sorry about the confusion.... I apologise Piano mom ...my fault I should have used the quote button..

No I will never respond negitivly ..you were just trying to help ..

Again I apologise!

There was another post by someone else that I was directing this to as well ...something about NAsa engineers ....

My bad

Hey, Beardown,

Thanks for clarifying. I was a bit taken back by the response. I didn't think my comment/question was that wacky!! :huh:;D

I did read the NASA engineer comments and I hope when I get my cutter I can be smart enough to run it,  :angry: and gratefully if I do have hangups I'll have good resources to turn to that can help me, like you and the other knowledgable people on the site.

Out of curiosity do you have both the Refine and the Copam? Or just one or the other? I'm torn between which one to get. What is your wise wisdom? There are definately more Refines available on Ebay if I go that route. I just can't decide.

pianomom

Dear Piano MOM,

I do own both,and they are both great cutters.The copam is a much higher grade of material than the mh721.And the cp-2500 has better feed quality and the ability to do more than the 721.The 721 has 1 meg of memory.The cp-2500 has 64 megs of buffered memory.And the stand is heavy duty.I have done a couple of things in the last couple of days that I didn't think would work.I did a plot of a p-40 warhawk with a black map color.And then I took a black crayola crayon and plotted a Drummers Against Drumming Drunk shadow.I think everyone who has children with artistict talent should own a cp-2500.Just imagine how good it would look to have plotted coloring book pages in their portfolio from the days of their childhood.And the cp-2500 will stay within the lines.

Hey thanks billy,

By the way thanks for catching on to piano MOM :huh:

I'll bet the p-40 warhawk was unbelievable.

So from what I'm reading in your comment

And then I took a black crayola crayon and plotted a Drummers Against Drumming Drunk shadow.I think everyone who has children with artistict talent should own a cp-2500.Just imagine how good it would look to have plotted coloring book pages in their portfolio from the days of their childhood.
I could scan and then verctorize my children's artwork and make creations that way? That would be so AWESOME!!! You've really got my mind churning. I guess it is time to buy. I've made my decision. Thanks!!!

Pianomom

I have taken a pencil sketch and scnned it,brought it up in psp and enlarged it,then adjusted it to a darkened greyscale,saved it as an .eps,then plotted it out,or cut it out depending on which application is in my head at that moment.

If you buy 2 cutters,then that gives you one for jobs and another for the imagination!

Can someone clarify all of this for me? First of all are we talking about the Copam machines? As I read the post on ebay ( for the Copam machine) I took it that if one was not satisfied with the cutter you could return it within 30 days for a refund minus shipping. And that there is a 1 year warranty ( at no additional cost) as long as the shipping insurance was purchased at the time of paypalling. Then if an additional year was wanted (making it two years of warranty) it could be purchased for 75.00. Is this correct? If not will you explain and let me know what is.

Thanks ;D

pianomom

No one has answered this question yet and I myself am a bit confused by this thread on the topic of the warranty. I blame this thread for the confusion :)

Id also like to ask why is the 30 day warranty start at point of shipment not at point of receiving the product? That does tend to cut into your warranty usually limited warranty?s start at point of registration of the item for ordered products.

One more question I?d like to ask?all products have one thing break down the most one part from cars to iPods?. When something fails on these plotters what?s the most typical item that will fail. Reason I?m asking is so I can determine possible repair cost to keep uptime this will affect my purchase decision.

Something just occurred to me.

There?s nothing on SellTopias auctions that say anything about any affiliation with USCutter or in fact they are USCutter. And its two different domains. But in the meantime im getting @selltopia.com as a reply email when I made this account to post here on this forum.

So I originally assumed that like every Retailer (thinking selltopia is a retailer selling USCutter products) has a 30 day warranty on the items they sell than of course here on the USCutter site it says 1 year factory warranty so im confused now?

So if im right that means Selltopia is USCutter (why the different domain I don?t know) and you only get a 30 day warranty not counting the 1-3 weeks? Shipping (don?t know what carrier it ships) Than im also confused the Copam a USCutter company as well and the same situation counts?

Would love some clarification.

- EDIT -

Not to add to the confusion on purpose but on the Uscutterdirect.com site it lists the Copam as ?USCutter Copam CP-2500 Vinyl? so is this a Us cutter product and US Cuttter part of : http://www.copam-electronic.com

Than my question goes further to say if I buy from sell topia I get a 30 day warrenty from them or  USCutter or Copam electronic? And does that affect what it says here: http://www.copam-electronic.com/doce/services.htm

Two years guarantee: Our Company strictly controls the quality of our products and provides our customers two years guarantee. The service includes product return in case of quality, free maintenances, and free replacement of parts within two years. However, we shall not be liable to customers for any damages, losses or expenses caused by accident, misuse, or unauthorized repairs or operation failure to comply with user's manual.

Technical support: Customers who bought our products are bestowed of lifetime technical support freely. We will do what we can to wipe away any inconvenience, serve you forever and achieve high productivity for you. You can touch us with telephone, e-mail, and fax.

Free training: Our training department is ready to train the staff of our distributor, buyer or any one concerned freely about professional knowledge of our products' usage, maintenance and solution for technical issues. It will facilitate you effectively to use our products or distribute them to your clients in your region.

So can someone give us some official feedback on what the deal is with the warranty?s and were what is coming from and covered from who?

Selltopia was originally created on ebay as a consignment sales store in washington.They started selling the refine cutters and had them branded with uscutter.They opened a website under that name and then started the forum.They are are seller of copam but they do not own copam.It is the company that makes that brand of cutter.And most people don't link a name to anything that is an off ebay site.I know people who have up to 5 different ebay store fronts all with different names.They also have websites that have different names.But I think they set the forum and web site up at the same time and it was just easier to have the selltopia email address than to set up an email account to have to check.I have 22 email accounts that I have to check numerous times daily and it's quite a pain at times.

Selltopia was originally created on ebay as a consignment sales store in washington.They started selling the refine cutters and had them branded with uscutter.They opened a website under that name and then started the forum.They are are seller of copam but they do not own copam.It is the company that makes that brand of cutter.And most people don't link a name to anything that is an off ebay site.I know people who have up to 5 different ebay store fronts all with different names.They also have websites that have different names.But I think they set the forum and web site up at the same time and it was just easier to have the selltopia email address than to set up an email account to have to check.I have 22 email accounts that I have to check numerous times daily and it's quite a pain at times.

That makes sense but now what?s the situation with Warranty?s on the CP-2500 and MH721?

And if I understand you correctly the guts on the USCutter MH721 are the same as the Refine MH721 than?

- EDIT -

BTW I also see a mini CNC Engraver on refines site http://www.refinetec.com/En_ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=102

Would US Cutter be able to retail one to me as well and give me some specs on that or is it only the plotters?

In the market for a small CNC setup similar to that as well but would need more info.

I couldn't tell you on that one.You might email ken imes or selltopia itself.I would say they would be able to get one,but since I don't work for the company I can't say for sure.It would be nice if they stocked a couple of engravers.I know of one person that would buy one for R2.

I couldn't tell you on that one.You might email ken imes or selltopia itself.I would say they would be able to get one,but since I don't work for the company I can't say for sure.It would be nice if they stocked a couple of engravers.I know of one person that would buy one for R2.

In the market for a small CNC setup similar to that as well but would need more info.

As I mentioned earlier I am in the processes of compleating my Prefab LAB. At the moment the setup consists of a

ShopBot PRSalpha http://www.shopbottools.com/prSalpha.htm

VersaLASER VLS 2.30 from Universal Systems http://www.ulsinc.com/versalaser/english/laser_systems/laser_systems.html

Tourchmate 3 http://www.torchmate.com/industrial/index.htm

To complete the lab Im looking for a plotter cutter for various masking needs as well as other jobs and decals and considering a flatbed plotter as well as a small 3 axis engraver similar to what Refine shows on their site. I am not a sign maker, I am a fine artist and im using these products to create all sorts of new high tech pieces of interactive art and installations for gallery and retail so my needs are not as standard as many and hence why I need to make sure that what I purchase will last.

ShopBot for example was a huge buy for me because the community base is HUGE and the support is fantastic they are amazing with the open community sharing projects and files and the open platform/system to allow custom setups.

That makes sense but now what?s the situation with Warranty?s on the CP-2500 and MH721?

And if I understand you correctly the guts on the USCutter MH721 are the same as the Refine MH721 than?

What about the warranty?

The refine being rebranded is only handled trough uscutter (30 day unless purchased a extended or from the direct site)

And what about the copam is that the same? Is it even rebranded or does it carry both Copam warranty/guarantee and a warranty from US Cutter?

That would be a nice plus.

The reifnes that are branded are that way because they are bought in large quantities form the company,and they pay for the branding and the bundled software that is sold.It's kind of like science diet and iams pet foods are actually made by a company called menu foods,but the companies buy in quantity and have their name branded on the product and tell menu foods the way they want the ingredients they want.But copam is not branded by uscutter.And I don't think there is any company that offers a double warranty.It's usually the company you make the purchase from that covers the warranty and not the manufacturers themselves.

The reifnes that are branded are that way because they are bought in large quantities form the company,and they pay for the branding and the bundled software that is sold.It's kind of like science diet and iams pet foods are actually made by a company called menu foods,but the companies buy in quantity and have their name branded on the product and tell menu foods the way they want the ingredients they want.But copam is not branded by uscutter.And I don't think there is any company that offers a double warranty.It's usually the company you make the purchase from that covers the warranty and not the manufacturers themselves.

So to be 100% clear tell me if I have this correct..

The MH721 and all other US Cutters refines category are serviced and covered only by Uscutter/Selltopia

Making the 30day from day of ship the active warranty unless otherwise purchased a extended warranty on top of it.

Is the Copam the same way? I don?t see any rebranding on the Copam photos on the listings anywhere.