Sign in to follow this  
rbeaman204

Designing outlined text to import to signblazer as a 2 layer decal

I am wanting to take a word and create an outline on it so I can cut it in signblazer so that i can make a 2 layer decal

I have attached what i am trying to accomplish-

I know how to link offset the text in inkscape but have no idea where to go from there as far as seperating it and putting reference points in order to layer...

BTW I have never layered any decal so this is completely new to me. PLEASE HELP ME! I have to finish 20 of these by mid next week! motohoustoncomsolid.png

Here is a topic with info you are looking for

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,26519.0.html

You have the outlines you need - did you export them in .eps?  if so just import into SBE and add the registration mark like described in the topic above.

When you sent the file to cut you load the red and cut the red parts - with the rego.sbd marks automatically added - thel load the black and cut the black parts also with the rego.sbd marks - weed the black and weed and mask the red - then take the backing paper off and apply the red to the black matching up the rego.sbd marks and your red letters will be in the proper reation to the black background.

Good luck

-Mike

Add a couple of circles in a different color towards the outside of your design. When you cut each color, include these circles in with your cuts. (Hold the CTRL key down to select multiple colors to cut). these small circles will be used to align the colors when applying the graphic. Here is a short video.

http://screencast.com/t/XkNJRp3tah

You tube of actually applying the layers: