Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

History

Found this interesting:

marcuso 

Trial Membership

Oct 2006

Bellevue, WA

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Marcus Oesterwinter, and I am the owner of SellTopia, LLC the company that sells the US Cutter - Refine cutters that are selling on eBay and through USCutterDirect.com.

The previous comment about these being Chinese made is correct. However, I truly believe that these Chinese cutters are high quality units that over time will be as reliable as Roland and other name brand cutters despite being sold at significantly lower prices. In addition my company offers full support and service for these units that will almost certainly be better than the name brand units (call us at 425-284-2282 between 9:00AM and 3:00PM Pacific Time M-F and to be connected to a live person). We have been a bit slow in updating the website, etc, however, I have just hired a new employee to work full time providing support and service, so things should move along much faster now.

I would like to offer you what I think is an honest analysis of our cutters:

Negative attributes

Artcut is low-end software (full featured, but not well written) - we are looking for recommendations on a second software package to bundle

Fit and finish is not up to the same standard of name brand units (high quality parts are used, however, paint, etc is not perfect)

Only 30 day warranty (we usually offer service and support beyond 30 days for free if needed) - 1 year warranty available at $50 more

Positives attributes

Well made, simply designed units that are highly reliable and easily serviceable

Highest quality Chinese cutters available

Built with robust metal frame and stand rather than plastic

Constantly improved from customers' feedback

Our 25" units have three pinch rollers (most have two)

You can purchase a 25" and 50" cutter for less than the price of a name brand 24" unit

Name brand units fail - if you have two of our cutters, you never have to deal with downtime

We are committed to maintaining service parts on hand and typically have one day turnaround on service

Our cutters use a standard command set and are compatible with most software available

For the typical "you get what you pay for" response, I would say that in this case, there is room for name brand sellers to reduce their prices, however, they don't because they are not seeing enough competitive pressure. I really believe, that buying one of our cutters that you get a much better value on a comparable product.

I really would like an opportunity to prove that these units are as the best way to go for most buyers. In fact, I would be willing to send out two of our 25" units to highly regarded members of this forum to be fully evaluated. I will ask that the person pays a $400 deposit to be fully reimbursed once we receive the units back. I am even willing to pay for shipping both ways.

I think we have a very solid product offering, but I would love to hear constructive criticism on how we can improve our product in any way. I look forward to further participation in these forums.

- Marcus Oesterwinter

Marcus Oesterwinter

SellTopia, LLC

http://USCutter.com

http://USCutterDirect.com

425-284-2282

10-05-2006 09:03 PM #14 danmurphy68 

Journeyman

Nov 2005

Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada

I have heard nothing but bad things about the US cutters in fact they are just a mock of the creation p cut cutters and i am not sure if anyone knows but they are crap, definately splurge and buy a roland or suman graphtec, your all right you get what u pay for and if it sounds to good to be true it is, just my 2 cents

Rolland GX-24 Adobe CS3, Corel x4, Flexi Sign Pro 8.1 pro , Stalls Heat Press, Stall Mug Press, 4 head Buradan Embriodery machine, new baradan elite pro embroidery machine and elite barudan also Riley Hopkins 6 colour screen press, hix drier, epson r1800 wide format HP 5000n and lancer exposure unit lancer XRI Press, lancer 6 color press, lancer exposure unit, King Rabbing Laser engraver, Mimaki jv3 printer, wilcon 2006 es, graphtec ce 5000 cutter

10-05-2006 09:18 PM #15 lance 

Global Moderator

Feb 2005

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA.

Marcuso,

Who does your service and warranty repairs and where ?

What is the approximate value of spare parts held in your current stock and where ?

Lance and Anne Sherrard

(that's me on the left)

Melbourne, Australia

sherrardlAToptusnet.com.au

Roland GX-24.. R230 Epsom..Mug Press..CorelDrawX3..Illy

10-05-2006 09:25 PM #16 marcuso 

Trial Membership

Oct 2006

Bellevue, WA

Dan,

What have you heard that is negative about our units? I have had several people buy our units as back-ups to their older Roland PNCs and ended up making the Refine their primary device.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danmurphy68 @ Oct 5 2006, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I have heard nothing but bad things about the US cutters in fact they are just a mock of the creation p cut cutters and i am not sure if anyone knows but they are crap, definately splurge and buy a roland or suman graphtec, your all right you get what u pay for and if it sounds to good to be true it is, just my 2 cents[/b]

Marcus Oesterwinter

SellTopia, LLC

425-284-2282

10-05-2006 09:25 PM #17 bigwater 

Administrator

Feb 2006

Dahlonega, GA

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (marcuso @ Oct 5 2006, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Marcus Oesterwinter, and I am the owner of SellTopia, LLC the company that sells the US Cutter - Refine cutters that are selling on eBay and through USCutterDirect.com.

The previous comment about these being Chinese made is correct. However, I truly believe that these Chinese cutters are high quality units that over time will be as reliable as Roland and other name brand cutters despite being sold at significantly lower prices. In addition my company offers full support and service for these units that will almost certainly be better than the name brand units (call us at 425-284-2282 between 9:00AM and 3:00PM Pacific Time M-F and to be connected to a live person). We have been a bit slow in updating the website, etc, however, I have just hired a new employee to work full time providing support and service, so things should move along much faster now.

I would like to offer you what I think is an honest analysis of our cutters:

Negative attributes

Artcut is low-end software (full featured, but not well written) - we are looking for recommendations on a second software package to bundle

Fit and finish is not up to the same standard of name brand units (high quality parts are used, however, paint, etc is not perfect)

Only 30 day warranty (we usually offer service and support beyond 30 days for free if needed) - 1 year warranty available at $50 more

Positives attributes

Well made, simply designed units that are highly reliable and easily serviceable

Highest quality Chinese cutters available

Built with robust metal frame and stand rather than plastic

Constantly improved from customers' feedback

Our 25" units have three pinch rollers (most have two)

You can purchase a 25" and 50" cutter for less than the price of a name brand 24" unit

Name brand units fail - if you have two of our cutters, you never have to deal with downtime

We are committed to maintaining service parts on hand and typically have one day turnaround on service

Our cutters use a standard command set and are compatible with most software available

For the typical "you get what you pay for" response, I would say that in this case, there is room for name brand sellers to reduce their prices, however, they don't because they are not seeing enough competitive pressure. I really believe, that buying one of our cutters that you get a much better value on a comparable product.

I really would like an opportunity to prove that these units are as the best way to go for most buyers. In fact, I would be willing to send out two of our 25" units to highly regarded members of this forum to be fully evaluated. I will ask that the person pays a $400 deposit to be fully reimbursed once we receive the units back. I am even willing to pay for shipping both ways.

I think we have a very solid product offering, but I would love to hear constructive criticism on how we can improve our product in any way. I look forward to further participation in these forums.

- Marcus Oesterwinter[/b]

Marcus,

We appreciate the time you took to state your position on your product. I don't know if your words will ring true in the eyes of very many people without "proof" if you know what I mean. This forum attacts many people from all around the world, and if your product can be proven as a reliable and quality product, then I'm sure the word will be spread through this forum as to the exact quality of the product.

I will be happy to evaluate your cutter for you and will write an unbiased, detailed analysis of my findings... however my conditions for doing this is that you donate the evaluation cutter to SignForums.com for use in their loaner program. The loaner program is set up so that sign makers who have equipment failures are loaned equipment by the community until they can get their equipment repaired. Nobody in particular owns the loaner equipment... it is all assets of the community.

It's your call. From the posts I've read I seem to get the feeling that your product is not highly regarded in the community. If you would like to change that, donate a cutter to the forum for evaluation.

Ron Brown

GetNoticed Signs & Graphics

With the speed of technology today, anybody who says "it can't be done" is usually interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

10-05-2006 09:27 PM #18 marcuso 

Trial Membership

Oct 2006

Bellevue, WA

Lance, I have a technician named Marcel who handles all service and repairs. He will be making posts to signforums.com as well....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lance @ Oct 5 2006, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Marcuso,

What is the approximate value of spare parts held in your current stock and where ?[/b]

Marcus Oesterwinter

SellTopia, LLC

425-284-2282

10-05-2006 09:37 PM #19 lance 

Global Moderator

Feb 2005

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lance @ Oct 5 2006, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Marcuso,

What is the approximate value of spare parts held in your current stock and where ?[/b]

Where is Marcel .............and

What is the approximate value of spare parts held in your current stock and where ?

Lance and Anne Sherrard

(that's me on the left)

Melbourne, Australia

sherrardlAToptusnet.com.au

Roland GX-24.. R230 Epsom..Mug Press..CorelDrawX3..Illy

10-05-2006 09:45 PM #20 Kimon 

Site Owner

May 2002

In The Bayou Baby

Welcome to our forum we are always happy to have vendor members participate.

If you would like to discuss possible association with our forum feel free to call or email me directly.

kimon@signforums.com

251-865-1488 (US Number)

In regard to software to bundle I would suggest you contact Kjell at signcut. He has a great product and is looking to set up bundles with plotter manufacterers. (also a vendor member here) You can find a link to his site on our front page at http://www.signforums.com

Friends Don't Let Friends use Comic Sans! (or brush script for that matter)

13 Minimancha Goats ,4 Guinea Hens, 9 Assorted Chickens, 1 Bourbon Red Turkeys, 2 Broadbreasted White Turkeys, 5 Beagles, 1 Anatolian Shepard, 1 Cat and Barb to keep me inline.

The early days

Shed some of your stuff, help tsunami victims, too

By Pamela Sitt

Seattle Times staff reporter

Somewhere on my list of New Year's resolutions: Clean my closet. Organize my life. (In my mind, one has everything to do with the other.) But honestly, in between balancing my checkbook and quitting certain bad habits, who has the time? I'd rather someone did the heavy lifting for me.

That's where companies like Bellevue's just-launched SellTopia (www.selltopia.com) come in. Such eBay consignment services are popping up everywhere for people who want to get rid of stuff. (Hello, bad Christmas presents, anyone?)

For a commission fee

Seems USC was selling on signs international site back then

marcuso 

Trial Membership

Oct 2006

Bellevue, WA

I am the owner of USCutter, and we are the ones that provided Kimon with the machines to review. In response to some of the posts on here, you might notice that the Bridge cutter has very similar wording to our terms and conditions. The reality is, these guys simply copied our listing and changed some words around. They are also trying to copy our business in many ways. Unfortunately for them, they are not doing the volumes that we are and they are sourcing from a secondary importer (not going to the manufacturer), so their costs are much higher than ours. Also, they have been showing low stock for a while. Meanwhile, we usually receive at least two shipment a month.

Anyways, the machine might be similar, but the after-sales support likely will not be. We maintain a forum where customers can discuss issues related to the cutter. We are active in the boards, and our business is growing. Now that this company has made themselves a target by copying much of our business, they will likely not be around for very long, and if you buy one, you will be holding on to one of very few "Bridge" cutters from a soon to be defunct company. In addition, we have made agreements with the manufacturer to include higher quality parts due to issues that we have been having with mainboard reliability. If you are interested in buying a Refine, I suggest that you purchase one through us and save yourself a little money as well. And if you want Artcut (pretty bad software) instead of Signcut X2 (which we bundle), we are happy to switch it out.

That said, I have been recommending for a while that people interested in purchasing a cutter buy the Copam instead of the Refine. They really are outstanding machines and a major step up over the Refine and any other Chinese-made cutter.

Marcus Oesterwinter

SellTopia, LLC

425-284-2282

04-04-2007 05:22 AM #18 marcuso 

Trial Membership

Oct 2006

Bellevue, WA

I forgot to mention, the models that Bridge offers are the 720 and 1350 vs our 721 and 1351. If memory serves correctly, the '0' models use a transformer instead of a switching power supply (as in USCutter machines and most others sold in the US market). Transformers are much worst for these applications. If anyone buys a bridge plotter, let us know if my suspicions are correct.

Marcus Oesterwinter

SellTopia, LLC

425-284-2282

12,000+ uniques in June..not bad at all I would say.

post-249-12986555584497_thumb.jpg

post-249-1298655561611_thumb.jpg

Thanks Andrew -- that looks better.

found it interesting the guy flaming the p-cut - which turned out to be a solid performer!

Was also interesting to see Marcus Hawking on other forums selling the products

probably people sitting at home because it's too damn cold to do anything else. My spending is always up in cold weather...as is my web surfing. Or,could be people looking for something to spend that tax refund on.

My ebay sales are like that...different times of the month,different times of year..sales go up,and they go down.

Thought it might be seasonal but also thought it wouldn't drop off until May

well, I looked at the graph...Jan very low...nobody spends money after Christmas....they are still paying off Christmas...then it goes up in Feb...when a lot of early filers (the ones who expect a refund) start getting the refunds...then it drops back to the low point in April..when people who have to PAY taxes wait til the last minute to file...then slowly going up again.

That's just one interpretation.

I think a Marcus's approach back then would have made the Zencuts a better, quicker hit now . . . .Send out a couple to Members with no ties to USC with a "credit card number held in case they were not returned".

- Marcus Oesterwinter

I think comparing the Zencuts to the Graphtec when the price difference isn't all that much didn't help. If I'm gonna spend $1000 for an unknown machine..I'd likely spend another $400 for a well known one. Once you get into the $1000+ range,price doesn't matter all that much.

Myself I am very close to buying a zen black but unable to find alot of feedback on this unit. The very little I have seen seem good but still waiting for a more in depth review.

Myself I am very close to buying a zen black but unable to find alot of feedback on this unit. The very little I have seen seem good but still waiting for a more in depth review.

Just a rebranded GCC but like John said may as well buy the Graphtec at the price.

I think comparing the Zencuts to the Graphtec when the price difference isn't all that much didn't help. If I'm gonna spend $1000 for an unknown machine..I'd likely spend another $400 for a well known one. Once you get into the $1000+ range,price doesn't matter all that much.

Agreed. Name recognition matters, which is why companies work so hard to get it.