Sign in to follow this  
sfuller

Copam Question

with the copam cutter can i print something on my canon IPF8300 first and have the copam cut it out or not ?

also if i order this Monday July 26 will it be one of the new one  that has a usb port ?

sorry for all the question but i am brand new to this

The feature you need to be able to "easily" cut around printed images is called contour cutting.  

Printing a sheet to be contour cut involves printing marks at the corners to use in positioning the material in the cutter and setting the cutter exactly on the origin of the design and straight and level in both x and y directions.  

The Copam can do this, but not as easily as one with sensors to read the registration marks on the printed sheet.   The Copam setup would be manual and involve some trial and error and wasted material until you get it right each time.  Read the specs on the  Graphtec cutters for a description of how that machine does it.  The Copam is a great machine, but the only sensors are to locate the leading and trailing edges of material - it can't sense the position of printed marks on the vinyl like a machine designed for contour cutting.

-Welcome to the Forum

-Mike

Thanks for the info Mike looks like we will have to go with the Graphtec thats to bad because i really wanted to buy one from uscutter one other question sign cut look easier to use than the software that comes with the graphtec what are your thoughts on this ?

USCutter does handle the Graphtec as BannerJohn and Speedoggy say.  As to sign cut - I decided not to use the copy that came with my cutter - I bought a different program.  Nothing against sign cut - I just didn't like having to "subcribe" and pay an ongoing monthly charge to use a program.  Also it was made to simply cut designs that you needed another program - Corel - to do any design work.  I think the Graphtec comes with a rebadged Flexi  - a program that gets high praise from lots of users.  Good luck.  If I need to replace my Copam at some future time I will probably choose Graphtec - or maybe look at a Zencut Black.

-Mike

here it is from US CUtter in Washington State.  But if you live closer to Memphis Tenn. You might want to try the sister site   www.SignUniverse.com

http://www.uscutter.com/Graphtec-CE5000-Series-Vinyl-Cutter_p_125.html

The SignUniverse link ios now redirecting to USC website. I have no idea why but intend to find out.

Just order the Graphtec CE5000 Series Vinyl Cutter hope it easy to set up and run thanks for all the advice