Sign in to follow this  
MikeOswald

Corners are not cutting square - please help

Hello all, I am starting to be a help wanted regular, lol.

I hooked up a new cutter today, its a Pcut 48", its on a trial basis where I didn't pay for it yet, but if I like it I can get a good deal on it.  So far so good, but the corners are not cutting good at all.  These corners should be square cuts but as you can see there are anything but. This is not too small of a part, probably about 1.5" in hieght.   I have never ran into this with my other cutter.  

Seems to me like a software issue

I am running both Artcut and SignBlazer and both do the same thing.   Are there adjustments that can be made for this sort of thing?

Any thoughts would be a big help?

post-8879-12986555425285_thumb.jpg

post-8879-12986555426819_thumb.jpg

post-8879-12986555440813_thumb.jpg

post-8879-12986555441931_thumb.jpg

Hey thanks!!  That was easy.  I fixed the corners, now the last thing I need is for when the cutter starts a letter, it plunges down too far, not through the linear, but deeper than anywhere else, and when the blade comes around to finish the letter, it leaves a little nick of material.    Is this another setting somewhere that can be adjusted?

Hey thanks!!  That was easy.  I fixed the corners, now the last thing I need is for when the cutter starts a letter, it plunges down too far, not through the linear, but deeper than anywhere else, and when the blade comes around to finish the letter, it leaves a little nick of material.    Is this another setting somewhere that can be adjusted?

check the cutting strip for gouges

Using Artcut and SignBlazer, did not see an over cut option for those.  Is it called something else?

Cutting strip is basically brand new, no gouges in it

if using flexi there is an over cut feature

Do you know where the over cut feature is?  I'm using 7.6 Pro and I can't find it. 

I don't have 7.6    I have 8.6 but once you have the cutting/plot screen open,  don't you have tabs?  like General, panel, options, advanced?  My overcut feature is in advanced

I don't have 7.6    I have 8.6 but once you have the cutting/plot screen open,  don't you have tabs?  like General, panel, options, advanced?  My overcut feature is in advanced

Must be something new in later versions.  I definitely don't see it. 

Speed...Just out of curiosity, what do you use for an overcut setting with a 45 degree blade?

I have never used overcut..  My Graphtec cuts perfect as is...  I use Flexistarter 8.6 and 0 offset. 

What I'm noticing is that if the cut, say the letter O, starts and ends with the blade in the same direction, i get a perfect cut, however if the blade is not positioned in the direction of the cut when it starts, I get a very tiny bit of uncut material, which makes sense.  It's so small that it's hardly an issue, but I'm thinking a small bit of overcut, maybe .005, would take care of it.  I have a line on a used copy of 8.1, which has the overcut feature.