Sign in to follow this  
MikeOswald

Which Software program to buy/use with a used Pcut

I am looking to buy a used Creation Pcut locally.  Problem is software is NOT included. Nothing.

I have CorelDraw 14 and Artcut 2009 already.    Can I use either of these programs to run this plotter?  Will I need a driver or something?

Is Sign Blazer a free design program?  Any other free design programs?  I can not afford to buy SignCut Pro or Flexi.

Please keep in mind I don't know much about computers, just want t make sure if I buy this machine, I will be able to use it somehow.

Thanks in advance everyone.

I don't have Artcut but it is my understanding that you can create in Corel,and use Artcut to cut.

Thanks, I currently use Corel and Artcut with my Rabbit cutter, but I doubt I can just plug in the Pcut and go to town.  I would think there must be some settings in Artcut to modify?  And since Artcut is an Asian based program, there is no support that I am aware of.  That would be best case for me, but I would need someone to verify this if possible

I didn't see anything at Sunie.com, just cutters for sale

Signblazer is a free program. The company that made it is out of business so the download will have a nag registration screen but it is fully functional. There is a post in the Signblazer section for a member who has fixed the nag and all he ask for is a donation to help with hosting cost of the files.

Thanks, I currently use Corel and Artcut with my Rabbit cutter, but I doubt I can just plug in the Pcut and go to town.   I would think there must be some settings in Artcut to modify?   And since Artcut is an Asian based program, there is no support that I am aware of.  That would be best case for me, but I would need someone to verify this if possible

I didn't see anything at Sunie.com, just cutters for sale

That's what I was telling you, they have cutters with flexistarter very cheap.

I am looking to buy a used Creation Pcut locally.  Problem is software is NOT included. Nothing.

I have CorelDraw 14 and Artcut 2009 already.    Can I use either of these programs to run this plotter?  Will I need a driver or something?

Is Sign Blazer a free design program?  Any other free design programs?  I can not afford to buy SignCut Pro or Flexi.

Please keep in mind I don't know much about computers, just want t make sure if I buy this machine, I will be able to use it somehow.

Thanks in advance everyone.

open up the Artcut like your going to do a setup...does it have Creation Pcut listed as a cutter to setup? 

Sweet, it does have the Creation Pcut Pro48 listed as a setup.

Is it really that simple just to select that and click "Plot"

This is the machine I will be picking up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/48-creation-vinyl-cutter-used-12-times-/180532868927?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0898f73f

I might have to look into Sign blazer also, I don't really like Artcut, but if it works that is all I need for the small ammount I use the plotters

well there ya go.  And if the Artcut doesn't work for your needs,  Signblazer is :thumbsup: always available for FREE

well, I hope you are picking it up and things are alright with it.  I would make them cut something with it.    That sellers Feedback is is not that great  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:   Ouch!!!

Hmmm, I'll have to ask about that machine already selling, maybe the buyer fell through.

I will be bringing a flash drive with several dxf files from him to test on site before I buy it.  Some small detailed work and some 50" banners, just to make sure it is on the up and up.  For $250, if everything works good, that should be a good deal, I am not worried about the damage as long as the rollers are good and it tracks good.  Its only a 30 minute drive.

Thanks again for all the help, this place is a great resourse for a beginner like myself

you will be lucky to get that for $250. I'd gladly pay twice that for a 48". I have the 24" and love everything about it.

BTW..it was a refurb and has a similar crack,,not as bad...but works great.

OP says " I might have to look into Sign blazer also, I don't really like Artcut, but if it works that is all I need for the small ammount I use the plotters "

3 years ago Artcut became a dirty word on the forum . I think it had been packaged with the cutters & was replaced with InkScape/SignCut . Then SignBlazer started being packaged & was the given high praise by everyone . SignBlazer is WAY better than Flexi starter ( $99 ) .  SignBlazer being free doesn't hurt a bit  :thumbsup: . InkScape is great also , but doesn't cut . Try both & decide for yourself  :thumbsup: .

Thanks everyone.  I can not install signblazer until I have the machine, it prompts you to plug in the USB cable during the install.  The guys says he has the driver, so I should be all set when I get it home.  Based on everything, I doubt it will go smoothly, it never does for some reason.  I am going with SignBlazer as my primary software for cutting, if possible.

For Coreldraw, won't I need some sort of Coreldriver to comminicate?

I wanted to try Artcut like I said before, but I went to install Artcut on my laptop with vista for the first time.  The program installs fine, but I can not comminicate with my old cutter.  There is a UCB driver disc I put in, but it does not install with vista.  So that looks like a dead end for.

With Vista, how do I see which port I plugged with USB cable into the computer?  In Artcut, it prompts you to select which Com port, I tried them all but no luck

Sometimes computers just really frustrate the crap out of me.  I wish I understood this stuff more.

Once I get the machine (assuming it passes the quality and funcution tests)  I'll keep you all posted, I am sure I will be needing more assistance, again,  can't thank all of you enough.