Sign in to follow this  
tbenefi33

I thought it was fixed

Well I thought it was fixed I tryed putting signcut on a faster pc I'm running windows vista my other system has window's xp it's doing it on both

I export the design from inscape to signcut pro and it run's though like befor and then stop's in the milddle of cut now it's got where I exit out of signcut pro and try to reopen it It will NOT open at all I have to reboot the system in order for it to get signcut pro to work right.

Tech said I may need a memeory upgrade on the cutter it has a 1mb chip, It's a refine mh721

a memory upgrade certainly wouldn't hurt,and might fix the problem.

I haven't seen that error message before. But you mentioned in your other thread that you're using USB. Some of the smaller form factor computers have horrible power delivery to USB. I had similar problems when I was running my MH721 until I installed a new PCI-USB card in my PC and not connect any other devices to that card. Another option is to try an external powered USB hub and make that dedicated for the cutter as well. And you always have Keyspan as an option as well.

Also, what speed are you running the cutter? If it's a memory issue, running the cutter faster may help (granted you're not cutting highly detailed stuff). Since the faster the cut, the less would need to be stored in the memory, and try slowing the baud rate to 4800. Sorry I don't remember what was the most optimal setting I found to work for me anymore, since I no longer have the MH721.

Hay hockygirl I done what you said and that seem to help with a lot of issue I droped the baud rate to 4800 and it went a lot smoother I'm getting me a kepsapn adapter tomarrow for a back up. I'll have to up grade the memeory chip later on. But it's working  ;D Thanks for the baud rate tip .

what's the baud rate is that how fast the memory is going to the pc to cutter ?

The baud rate is how fast data is sent from the PC to the cutter. If you slow down the transmission rate and speed up the cutter a bit, then less data would need to be stored in the cutter's memory.

Glad it worked out for you!

Thank you Hockeygirl

Now I know why yall like the kepspan adapter you can tighten that puppy in there and it's not coming lose I got mine today  ;D