Sign in to follow this  
jammoresigns

cutting resist to full sign size

Hey guys, I have the copam 2500 purchased through us cutter a couple years ago and am trying to cut resist material at full sign size for lettering on stone , usually around 12 x 18 inches or smaller and unlike vinyl where you want to save as much material as possible, I want the cut border the full sign size so I can just use the mask as one piece.  So when I make my sign size 12x18 when I go to the cutter screen it makes it cropped close to the lettering obviously to save material. How do I get the cut to be the outside border of the sign for use with resist? Thanks Jim

One way to be sure it cuts a rectangle the size you want is to actually draw a rectangle and center your graphic within it.  When you send it to the cutter if you don't see the graphic and the box look at the list of colors in the panel at the left and select all the colors (shift-click on the ones that are crossed out)  it will cut the border along with your graphic.

You can also play with the weed box settings - it will make a rectangular cut at the spacing you set in the dialog box - you have more control to make it the exact length and width you need by using a drawn rectangle in the design work area - but a simple weed box may do the trick just fine.

As Dakotagrafx says you can turn off the weed box and then cut as you like - the only thing is to unselect fit to origin - then the design will be moved to a central point in the vinyl cutting area - the whole vinyl sheet will be your border - hand cut to the size you want.  Whichever works the best for you.

-mike