Sign in to follow this  
ncstate

I need help making .sc into a image to show customers

Can someone please help. Most of my customers want to see a picture of their vinyl work before I cut. The only way I have been doing this in the past is cutting out the image and taking a picture of it still on the backing paper with a digital camera.

As you can imagine this is getting very old and if they don

Can you do a screen shot of your desktop

Ctrl-print screen

Then ctrl v in inkscape then print

I try hard to learn at least one good thing every day tinaski - you filled my quota for today THANKS!!!

-Mike

I try hard to learn at least one good thing every day tinaski - you filled my quota for today THANKS!!!

-Mike

you better get off of here - don't want you to over dose on knowledge

Ok,

I guess I'm making progress. I do print screen button. I can paste this in word or other photo shop and save as .jpg but I can't paste in inkscape. I have a paste option but when I hit it, nothing happens.

Also when I open the pasted .jpg image in inkscape from word etc. it is hard to work with. I'm not real good with inkscape, I use the  trace ctrl +b function, but it doesn't work good at all with this.

I feel I'm getting close, any other advice?

Thanks

Use the keys Ctrl-v - I tried it when I read tinaski's post and it pasted the screen into inkscape -

May I be excused I think my brain is full.

-Mike

I can't paste it. It says nothing on clipboard when I try to. I can paste it fine to word or other picture viewer so it is definitely on the clipboard.

Wish I could figure this out

Are you pressing - "ctrl" holdd that down then pressing "print screen" then releasing them together?

You can paste into word and print from there too

Or any other program -

Try using paint to paste into 

Use the keys Ctrl-v - I tried it when I read tinaski's post and it pasted the screen into inkscape -

May I be excused I think my brain is full.

-Mike

go rest now - its been a hard long day for you lol

If you do your designing in Inkscape, you can save it as a PDF, which is a really good format to print or email to customers.

I do all my designing in inkscape and when I have the customers approval I import into Flexi for cutting.

Perhaps it can work the same for Sign cut?

I think he is designing in inkscape smee

And doing that kinda a double edge sword.

Its doesn't do a great job on fill in just a few sections unless everything is in layers. If he is taking an image and vectoring it there is no layers so if he then adds fill its the whole image that gets fill.

There is one more way of doing it that I have used and still do today.

Its a little hard to explain but I will do my best with it.

If you have an image a shoe and its a trace no fill all ready you can zoom in really far and use your line pointer and on top of the lines draw a line around the section you want colored in and then add fill to that no outline then set it to bottom it will color in that area and it will look like there is fill there - its not the best way but it does work I will try to add some pics or a video of what I mean later

here is what i mean by zoom outline then lower to bottom

its ok to do it this way most of the time it will not work all the time

post-4970-12986554546429_thumb.png

post-4970-12986554546756_thumb.png

post-4970-12986554547515_thumb.png

post-4970-12986554574782_thumb.png

post-4970-1298655457503_thumb.png

post-4970-12986554575662_thumb.png

If you hit Print Screen then go into IrfanView go into Edit and paste and then outline the Graphic and then in Edit crop the Graphic then save in any extension that you want such as Jpeg or Tiff and then print it out.

Bob Bigart