Sign in to follow this  
forsalevinylsigns

vinyl

That is only 10 feet each roll by 15 inches you can buy orcal 651 15in x10 yard s for about the same price I just dont trust an unknown untried vinyl. I dont want a customer coming saying this shi- came off or faded or cracked or pelled etc. just stay with the proven brands just my 2 cents.

Dan

that is General Formulations and is a very proven brand.  They have been in business since 1953.   Numerous sign suppliers use it for their house brand.  example Fellers calls it Shrinerite.  ,  Earlmich,  EMC500,  H&H supply GT5 and the list goes on.  I have been using General Formulations for over 4 years with no problems.  I have used both..  and stay with General Formulations.

I got some samples from GF last year and when the black turned blotchy and actually showed a couple of runs in about 10 ft I contacted them and they never responded - figured they didn't care about customer satisfaction.

I stick with Oracal, FDC, 3m

I have had two  new rolls of 651 white Oracal,  from different places and numeorous places thru the  roll the blue lining is showing thru the vinyl,  I have to go over it real good,  before  I can even do an order, to make sure I'm not gonna have those bad places in  my designs, I have to cut that area from the roll, which has cost me some vinyl. My order may be for and 8 foot design, but the bad area is in the first 4foot, , so I have to cut that and start again, then find a use for the 4 ft later.  They were not from a dealer, just a liquidation.Seller getting out of the sign business.  But were still NEW unused  rolls.  1 15" and 1 24"  I have never had that on GF  

i can never trust anything from a liquidation warehouse. I used to work in the cosmetics industry and you cant beleive the stuff people would send to us claiming it was bought from us. And the abuse these products take and where thier stored does nothing but degrade the final product. I would not base a name brand such as Oracal on what you purchased from a liquidator. BUt thats my thoughts and some may feel different.

i can never trust anything from a liquidation warehouse. I used to work in the cosmetics industry and you cant beleive the stuff people would send to us claiming it was bought from us. And the abuse these products take and where thier stored does nothing but degrade the final product. I would not base a name brand such as Oracal on what you purchased from a liquidator. BUt thats my thoughts and some may feel different.

No,, it was like you or me just quiting decals and selling all our products on EBAY.  Seller was selling out.  Wasn't from same seller either.  The rolls were not open or damaged in any way.  I just went to weed the design and noticed a bad place.  THen went to cut the design again, and on prefeed saw another place.  I still have 80% of both rolls I have to work thru.  They are not large areas , and not close  to each other, like 10 ft apart, just enough to screw up your order.  where vinyl should be. Not a circle, just a very small area that didn't get covered with vinyl.  about a 1/4 the size of a pencil eraser. just small area, blue lining. I haven't unrolled to see if there is more,  I just look when I do an order. 

what other vinyl would you guys recommend?

Im barely starting out, what colors sell the most for vehicle graphics?

Should I try and stock at least 20 feet of vinyl for each color?

I order the vinyl from ebay and i get a lot of bubbles for some reason.

I appreciate the help guys, thanks!!

I've gone through ~500 yards of Oracal 651 24" and 15" so far and never seen anything like SD is talking about, in all colors.  I'm hesitant to try anything else.

I started with Shinerite, which SD says is the same as GF, and I didn't have any major concerns with it, other than the white is noticeably thicker than 651 and weeds worse.  I have some black Shinerite on my truck that is beginning to wrinkle on the edges after ~2 years.

There is definitely a shelf life to vinyl.  I wouldn't buy any used/surplus vinyl on ebay, personally.

used it once and it has doen well but it will not handle complex curves well!