Sign in to follow this  
southtx1

Screen printing vs vinyl

With a big screen ............... ;D

Well if you heat press a shirt you are putting in on the shirt (on te fabric) ...if you screen print you are putting it throught the shirt into the fabric ...no strech marks ...no fading ...nothing .... can be said about both things ....

If you have a vinyl cutter already ...all you need is a heat press ......to make shirts ..and the vinyl ofcourse .......

to screen print you would need a screen printer ,,,screens ,,,,inks,,,, flash dryer ...... if you use emlusion you would need ...remover..... a pressure washer .... but you get better results with finer details

up to you though I prefer screen printing ...... but that said I already have everything to do it,,,

thats my take on it

;D DOWN 

I have done both.

They have their advanbtages and disadvantages.

I lprefer doing shirts with my cutter, vinyl and heatpress as it allows me to make short runs and unique designs and the most important thing about it is that there are no messes, no emulsion, no darkroom, no chemicals. There are little expenses in this proccess.

Screenprinting isbetter for long runs and multicolor imprints.

They both have a different feel to the touch, but using a good vinyl will make it hard to now which is which.

Joe

we do both and I prefer doing screens than vinyl on shirts. It's just me, but I can get a better looking shirt out of printing vs. vinyl especially when you start doing halftones and such. Yeah, there is more involved and it definitely takes a HECK of a lot longer but I just like it more......it's more of an art to me because not everyone in my area does it unlike vinyl.

We are investing in a UV dryer next so that we can knock out yardsigns in NO time. I can't wait for elections again. Instead of cutting and weeding vinyl for hourssssssssss to do fronts and backs of hundreds of signs, we'll make 1 screen and just keep printing them. this will save soooo much time and money! YEY!!!!!! ;D

Sorry, there is just something about doing this stuff that gets me in a good mood every now and again!

Ok,

That's settles it. I'm going to learn every aspect of my cutter when it arrives.

First I'll experience the vinyl life. After that I'll go to screen printing school.

Somewhere in 2010 I'll be back at this very post inputting my 2 cents

regarding this topic.

I'm making sign letters for mobile signs....vinyl or screen print? What looks better?

For shirts I'm happy with custom plastisol transfers over screen printing i just got a bunch of sample transfers the other day and they look and feel nice

what vinyl do you use for t-shirts? (preferrably the cheapest.) Do you have to print the design backwards so you can lay it face down? How does that work? I would love to watch a tutorial on this.

Guest fivestar

You can get custom plastisol transfers from www.acetransco.com

Thank you Five & Swanee....I'm going to check that out.