PamB

Newbie from Indiana P-Cut problem help please

Hello everyone. I bought a P-cut a couple of years ago, its been in the closet and I just got it out to cut decals for our dog rescue fund raisers. I have the software loaded, bought some eps files of the dogs we rescue. Set up some to cut, sent it to cut and the plotter doesn't seem to recognize it. It cuts the tests just fine. Any ideas would be appreciated? 

Guest manwayvan

Hey Welcome from Ky

Welcome from Louisville, KY!!

What part of Indiana are you in? We have several members from Indiana & Kentucky

I'm in Rockville, west central near Illinois state line.

Welcome from Michigan

check to make sure the software and cutter are on the same com port - if using the serial connection it is probably com1  if usb you will need to install the usb drivers from the support area on uscutter.com

I've checked the com ports and they are on the same one. I send and it sends but the cutter never responds. I click on home setting and it doesn't respond there either. I thought about getting a serial cable, but my computer doesn't have a serial port. I was going to re-install the cutter on the computer but the Creation disc comes up as a disc with pictures on it and no installation prompts. Any ideas?

I've checked the com ports and they are on the same one. I send and it sends but the cutter never responds. I click on home setting and it doesn't respond there either. I thought about getting a serial cable, but my computer doesn't have a serial port. I was going to re-install the cutter on the computer but the Creation disc comes up as a disc with pictures on it and no installation prompts. Any ideas?

navigate with windows explorer to the the install command

Thank you all fr the warm welcome. I've still not got the P-Cut to cut anything. :D Very frustrating. I'm hoping Eric will get me lined out soon. I'm sure I'll be here with lots of newbie questions so I hope not to annoy anyone. ;D Have a great day everyone.

Hello, from Indiana  :thumbsup: If you have already checked to be sure the your coms match up then get a usb to serial port adapter. I had all kinds of problems with my p cut before I did this.

Welcome from CA! Also check to make sure the baud rate on the cutter and software matches.

Guest crshirts

Did you check baud rates to see if they match? 9600

Carl

And welcome to the forum