Sign in to follow this  
MtIsland Design

Trouble with FlexiStarter Seiki Edition 8.6v1

Ok after 13 pages of forums on here and nothing on SeikiTech forums, I offically need help.

Everytime I boot up Flexi it freezes and is listed as "Not Responding" in task manager.  No error codes or nothing have let it sit for 15-20 mins to see if it was just slow but that is not the case.

My Specs:

Win Vista w/ SP2 (x86 or 32 bit)

HP m8830f

AMD Phenom Quad Core - 2.20GHz

3gb RAM

FlexiStarter Seiki Edition 8.6v1 w/ usb key

UAC Control Disabled

MS Security Essentials is the AV program

I have got the app to boot 2 times out of 30 or so attempts which makes things more frustrating.  Any help is appricated in advance.

try uninstalling and reinstalling your Flexi.  I also had better luck with a different USB to serial , than the one they send with the cutter.

Im sorry I didn't mention that I have reinstalled the software 5 times.  The plotter is detected by the computer so could the cable actually be an issue?  I did wonder if the plotter needed to be on for the software to boot up(and yes I did try this with the same results)

what info do you get from the the Seiki Tech?  I have used  several  versions of Flexistater over the last 4 years and never have any  problems with the software loading up to use it.  I use it every day. 

The only thing I can suggest is try it on a xp or win7 machine as they seem to have less issues with flexi than vista does

I use mine on XP and never have problems.  Actually months back, I purchased another XP as a backup.  It's is easier to stay with a  proven product. and cheaper. 

My design pc is a sin 7 64bit and the dedicated cutter pc is a xp - like ya said carolyn it's proven and I don't take chances with the moneymaker

ok, a update.  Installed on win 7 laptop and booted up 5 outta 5 times.  So it safe to say vista is more than likely the issue.  This is my first experience with SAi and Flexi and I was wondering if anyone has had to contact SAi for support? I am mainly wondering if their answer to any vista related issues in upgrade or downgrade the OS and we cant/wont do anything about it.