Sign in to follow this  
cjmorey

Question about reflective vinyl

I am hoping that someone can tell me a bit about Reflective Vinyl, I have a customer that would like Reflective Vinyl put on her business windows. Can anyone tell me which one is a good brand to use and if this is possible to do, thanks much for any advice.

Its possible, its expensive as hell, and its really thick so adjust your blade and pressure as necessary. a 60 degree blade will help.

Thanks a lot for all the advice I think I might try to suggest to her maybe florescent vinyl, but thanks for everyone's fast replies.

Remember most of the Florescent have a short expected outdoor life

Does the reflective vinyl make blades dull quicker.  It appears to have messed up my new clean cut 60 blade.  Not it won't cut shirt vinyl.  It just skips around, even with the proper blade settings for shirt vinyl. 

If it was to be used for an emergency vehicle, I would only use 3M.

A friend gave me a piece of Nikkalite to try and I would consider using that for your purpose  because it is quite a bit cheaper  :thumbsup:

Yes it will kill blades way faster

Yes it wears the blades much faster - that's the reason I have 2 blade holders - 1 for reflective/metallics and one for other vinyl like siser and oracal 651

3M is the best but I am currently doing a fire truck with Enduralite from signwarehouse.com  It looks good on the roll but I haven't seen it on anything yet.  Plus it's decently priced. 

CH