budracer1

Using flexi with 2 computers and 1 cutter....Questions

Hello Im using Flexi Pro 8.1 and a Summa cutter. Right now if I want to cut anything I do on my laptop i have to send it to the production manager on my desktop since thats where the machine is hooked. I was thinking i should be able to cut straight from my laptop, kind of like I can print from any pc in my house.

Any Ideas?

thanks JB

of course you can, set it up on your laptop

I mean without having to have it hooked to my laptop. If you can help with please do tell...lol

Well kinda... i guess. I mean I have all my computers networked together so that all my laptops and desktops will print on the printers hooked up to my main pc. I would assume that you could do this with a vinyl cutter also but maybe im wrong....the summa doesnt show up on the printers screen to enable the sharing like my printers do.

JB

yes you can

we were set up that way - cutter connected to computer "A" did designs on computer "B" then sent cut from B to A and the cutter cut

its been a while but you have to load flexi on both computers and there is a place to check on the flexi that is on computer A - something like allow to use remote flexi to cut

i will see how to set it up - but it can be done dont give up

Guest manwayvan

Have you tried setting up the cutter under the production manager on the laptop as a network device? I believe that when you add a cutte it will give you the option as a network device...I have flexi on 2 comps and cut from 1 but when I press send..it holds it in the production manager until I goto the desktop and press send and then it will cut the design

Have you tried setting up the cutter under the production manager on the laptop as a network device? I believe that when you add a cutte it will give you the option as a network device...I have flexi on 2 comps and cut from 1 but when I press send..it holds it in the production manager until I goto the desktop and press send and then it will cut the design

Yes I can do this(send to PM on desktop then cut from there) but I was thinking i should be able to cut straight from my laptop.

Yes I can do this(send to PM on desktop then cut from there) but I was thinking i should be able to cut straight from my laptop.

yes you can i cant find how i did it - its very easy to set up and since we dont have windows anymore i cant set mine up to do it

i would look in pereferances or options or go to there website and sent a help request

Guest manwayvan

I believe that on the laptop when you send it there is an option instead of holding it will send it directly..I cant remember where I have seen it at but I know its there and believe it under the cutting options and not the pm

Don't know if this makes it easier for you, but if I want to do that, I just open my desktop remotely from my laptop and send it to the cutter that way.

Guest manwayvan

Great Work Tinaski..Thanks alot :thumbsup:

i new it could be done here is a help file to get it to work

You are my HERO.....works just exactly like I thought it should.

thanks a BUNCH!!

JB

It just took me a while to figure out how I did it before glad its working for ya. Sorry it too kso long to get it to ya but better late than never