Sign in to follow this  
pyrophire

Almost got towed, might get some business from it?

Had my truck almost towed today but ended up paying the guys and giving them my card for business, they asked if I could do magnets. I told them I could, since i have magnetic material on hand to put vinyl on. They said they would call in a couple of days.

Question is, what would you all charge for a 24x12 inch magnet, white material with 3 colors of vinyl on them. Would be either 2, 4, 6 or 8 magnets total.

I get $75 for 1 color mags, $100 for multi color which i would print and mount.

we just sold 5 sets of 2 colorfor 50.00 each.

hey guest where are you located? you always seem to have way higher prices than i have seen.

12"x18" (set of 2) I'm selling for $50.00 printed.Making nice money on them, no complaints from customers.

Today I finished 2 big sets for van ( 2magnets  21"x50" and one magnet 18"x24" in the set) using Oracal 651 for lettering and 3M printed part (6"x12)

I've charged $450.00 (for 2 sets)

You have to find yourself in pricing scheme .

Overhead, material costs , your time, and take in consideration market in your area .

If I could get $75.00 for set of magnets I would be happy like puppy with 2 wieners .

typical mags around here are $80-110 in store front shops. I know a shop in PA that gets $125 i think it is for 1 color mags.

I'm located in MD and it's not really my prices are "high", it's i get good prices for my work because my work is designed well and customers appreciate that.

I just did some work for a guy who said "that's why i come to ya" when i showed him the design. The past year or so i have gotten so many compliments on how well my work is designed because other shops look like they have 10 year olds designing their advertising pieces.  :thumbsup:

Kinda like people who prefer going to starbucks over a gas station for coffee, it's for the great experience.

If you remember Mader who is on here, he also gets great prices for his work because it's designed well.

I do not have intentions to be an ass

but you are full of crap.

It's really a to each their own kind of debate but that's what i have seen in my business. If someone has a great design, that makes your company look great and they are willing to pay the extra $xx.xx for the custom product.

Anyone can type up some text, change colors and call it a done deal but when you have a nice design that's where it it draws you away from the competition. I can't speak for anyone else on the boards but that makes perfect sense.