Sign in to follow this  
DVMike

Big issues getting started !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I purchased this MH1351 from another sign shop that actually never used it .

I got the cutter itself with a manual, and a signblazer CD. And the seller anf I installed and ran the cutter before I bought it .

I followed the instructions in the manual and loaded the software while carefully following the instructions ..........ABOUT 6 TIMES !!!!!!!!!!!

The software lets me design , and the test function on the cutter draws a cute little box with a diamond in the center.

I plugged my USB in and do not see another driver appear. No removable disk, no cutter, nothing.

I then followed the threads on related issues until I'm blue in the face !  I installed drivers , uninstalled signblazer and reinstalled etc etc.

I know it's me !!!!!!

I would truly appreciate some assistance if possible !

Guest YHC

Are you able to tell which port is being used for your cutter? example: Com1, Com2, etc.

Iwent through the instructions twice today ....I'll pick it back up tommorrow. 16 hour days leave me brain dead anyway.

Thanks for the replies !

I geuss I'm a little frusterated because this cutter is basically a glorified printer , and I've  NEVER fought a printer install like this thing !

I had been asked which comm port I'm using............  I'm using the USB because my computer only has 15 pin com port.

I 'm also using a laptop with MS Aspire OS.

Guest YHC

Go to your device manager on your pc. Then look for "ports" and find the one that says USB serial port (com#). Mine says com3 but yours may be different. This is the port that you must tell the cutting software to print to.

You can't look at the cutter as a printer install as it wont show up with your other ink printers. You have to manually tell the cutting software where the plotter is on your pc by providing the port #.

Hope this helps.

The cutter is not going to show up like a hard drive on your computer, it doesnt work like a printer either where you can use a utility to access it. It needs to be set to a proper com port with proper communication settings.

Once again I would like to thank all that have replied to my plight !

I didn't get a chance to work with the setup today because I am trying to get caught up on 9 big dimensional signs I got behind on while

working with the cutter .

I will make another attempt to get back on it tommorrow.

I did work on it yesterday and since the cutter only weighs about 50 lbs I was betting my partner that I could throw it off our dock and make it about 7 feet to the dumpster !

I'm glad I didn't do it now ! :thumbsup:

If you feel like trashing it, ill pay shipping my way and see what I can do with it :thumbsup:

I had it !

I finally got the cutter to move and cut !!! Yippe !

Then I had an issue where it stopped (jammed) .

I pressed reset and it no longer seems willing to work.

This is likely a simple fix ?

SUCCESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I SAY SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone for their help!

What did you do to stop it from jamming as mine seems to do this time to time?