Sign in to follow this  
Guest Schramm

My plotter gets here on tuesday and I cannot wait!

Guest Schramm

Well I dont know if you read in the general questions but I bought a USED (but like new) Vinyl Express Q100 42" Vinyl plotter to replace the one that I have now which is a Cutter Pro C1200.  It will be here UPS on Tuesday and I cannot wait, tomorrow I am clearing out my other one to put up for sale on ebay.  This new one is lightning fast and has many many options added to it so I dont think that I will have to upgrade.  The features that I am most excited about is the TRUE TRACK (which keeps your vinyl straight) guaranteed up to 50 FEET!  I never need more then 10' so that should cover it 100%, then it has ARMS which works for contour cutting printed vinyl to make things like custom stickers and such.  But I think the most interesting feature is one that most wouldnt even care about and that is how it can sense the thickness of the vinyl and adjusting its cutting for the best preformance!  Once I have it installed I will shoot a video of it working for all to see.

Thanks for all the information and your thoughts when asked!

:thumbsup:congrats on your purchase, I'm sure we'll be seeing more of your beautiful works of art.

fc's are defiantly a solid machine - I sold an older one and was amazed at the cuts

Guest Schramm

Well the machine I had was entry level to mid level and served its purpose for nearly 2 years, prior to that I had a gerber which was awesome but it was older but still outpreformed this one but it finally lost its battle and went to the used equipment graveyard! :-

The machine I had when I got it SUCKED as do most entry level units but since I have fixed all issues (biggest one being the static) it has cut like a dream.  It is still like new but I do way too much not to have a PRO model!  Doing large production jobs is what I cannot wait for.  In fact I have given a lot of thought to re-opening a furniture design shop to go with my glass business and really kick butt on the designers.

With this new machine doing detailed long repeat pattens will be no issue.  What do you think???

50 ft tracking is  guaranteed when vinyl is properly align .Sometimes I cut very elaborated patterns in paint mask, over 20 ft long and tracking never fail.

Take time to explore software and hardware options .It will pay you back in production process million times.Cheers. 

Well the machine I had was entry level to mid level and served its purpose for nearly 2 years, prior to that I had a gerber which was awesome but it was older but still outpreformed this one but it finally lost its battle and went to the used equipment graveyard! :-

The machine I had when I got it SUCKED as do most entry level units but since I have fixed all issues (biggest one being the static) it has cut like a dream.  It is still like new but I do way too much not to have a PRO model!  Doing large production jobs is what I cannot wait for.  In fact I have given a lot of thought to re-opening a furniture design shop to go with my glass business and really kick butt on the designers.

With this new machine doing detailed long repeat pattens will be no issue.  What do you think???

did you get your cutter today?