Sign in to follow this  
crash6882

copam 2500 cutting triangles where it shouldn't and then not cutting lines

I just purchased a copam 2500.  it is cutting triangles where it shouldn't be cutting and then not cutting lines it should.  I'm getting sick of it and I am really getting pissed at it.  any suggestions on how to cure this problem?:-[?:-[?:thumbsup:?:thumbsup:

I just purchased a copam 2500.  it is cutting triangles where it shouldn't be cutting and then not cutting lines it should.  I'm getting sick of it and I am really getting pissed at it.  any suggestions on how to cure this problem?:-[?:thumbsup:?:thumbsup:?:thumbsup:

post your file so someone can look at it. 

total noob here.  how do you post a file???  also it just did it on my next file.  will post that one too, once i figure out how to.

when you post a message look for the additional options with a + sign to the left bottom of the screen - that is where you attach files

post more info,  computer? operating system? how connected  usb or serial?  Without the  much needed info. we can only guess :thumbsup:..

I have an HP laptop with windows XP.  I'm using inkscape to design, and sign cut pro are my cutting program.  I am linking the computer and cutter through serial due to trouble hooking it up through usb.  I'm cutting by color. I am having more trouble with the black outline in CRASH. It still does it to the blue, just not as bad.  The other one is really bad with the messed up cuts. 

boat.svg

drawing.svg

boat.svg

drawing.svg

I sent him photos of his designs zoomed up, not good,  lines doubled and crossing over and cutting on top each other  He will have to work with his designs first, before they will cut good. Once he has a good design, I'm sure he will have better results. Probably not a cutter problem.

here is a sample of what it is doing to me.  I made this lettering in inkscape using the font then duplicating it to cause a shadow because it will be two colors.  I thought that maybe the cutter was set to fast and that's why it was screwing up, I slowed it down and no difference.  my settings are  30cm/s, 30 g.  if you look at the lettering you see that it did not cut the lettering right and instead of making the right cut it cut the triangle.

post-7867-12986552415929_thumb.jpg

post-7867-12986552427552_thumb.jpg