Sign in to follow this  
nels0359

Purchasing a Vinyl Cutter for a Business

I've been contemplating purchasing a vinyl cutter for my business, and I believe it is going to be a necessity soon. I am looking for guidance on what type of equipment I should consider.

We manufacture various types of fishing tackle and use holographic vinyl tape to finish lures. The material comes on rolls up to 6" wide (although I may be able to get wider by special order.) The pieces we cut range from 1/2" x 3" up to 1.5" x 6". We currently cut-out hundreds of these by hand, and it will soon be thousands. I have looked into getting die-cuts, but die costs are just not worth it.

Looking at the short-term, cost is an issue. I would like to get into something entry-level and learn a bit before getting too invested (under $1000.) By next year, cost won't be a factor, so upgrading wouldn't be a problem.

What type of cutter would be a good starting option?

Thanks,

Paul

US Cutter has some good budget models. They are doing away with the Pcut which is what I have and its a good cutter and would probably handle what you need now. If you could spare a little extra cash I would go for a Graphtec for around $1400. That will do you soo much better and you will be able to expand and maybe produce some of your own marketing materials.

for your needs I would lean heavily toward this cutter for 900   15" Wide-CE5000-40 (CraftROBO Pro)

http://www.uscutter.com/Graphtec-CE5000-Series-Vinyl-Cutter_p_125.html

You will never regret getting the graphtec even to start with - this is a 15" cutter that fits what you are looking for and graphtec is far above the rest - In your situation you do  not want to be messing around much with set up and the graphtec excels at  working out of the box without  a lot of adjusting.  with an extra 60.00 order a set of cleancut blades from cleancut and you are in serious business