Sign in to follow this  
moto134

New guy w/ driver problems

I just received a Refine MH 721 and bought WinPC Sign program for it.  I have it connected to our PC by the way of USB port.  I have down loaded the driver from US Cutter web site (several times) but can't get it to work (reconize as being pluged it) in the set up menu for the WinPC Sign program.  The only thing that is coming up is our printer as an option. 

Is there another place to find the driver??  or something I'm doing wrong.  Thanks!!

the same for your cutting software  Instead of Signblazer use  WinPC

USB

If you need to install your cutter through the USB port, you will need to install the USB drivers. USB drivers are available on our support site under Downloads, then MH/Refine Series Downloads. The USB driver is the very top selection, simply click on it and run it. It will self-install and when finished tell you that "FTDI drivers have been successfully installed." Once the drivers are installed, you can plug your USB cable in to the computer and Windows should tell you that "new hardware is found" and then "your hardware is installed and ready to use." You then need to check your device manager under the ports category to see which COM port the USB installed to (usually COM3 or COM4). Once you find out which port it installed to, you can then tell SignBlazer which port it is using and select the correct Device.

Thanks.  I don't know what Signblazer is and I've done the download several times. When I run the driver install it just flashes a Dos type of window that says installing and then does nothing after that.  When I plug the cutter in, it does a indication beep but, no little window will pop up to say what it is.  Sorry, if I'm still missing something but, the manual for PCSign shows a window in the setup that will have the option to pick the cutter out of everything that is plugged in the PC, we just have our printer and that's all it shows to choose from.  :o

Signblazer is a cutting software that US Cutter includes with a cutter purchase, FREE software, They use it for an example for setups on their cutters.  I was just stating disregard the Signblazer and Use the WinPC instead.  It's hard to help people when they don't state what type of computer or operating system they are using.  :o

see if you can find your driver here

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view

We have Windows XP on a Compaq Presario PC.  The " FTDI Driver executable XP/Vista/7 "  (For Refine, Creation, and Copam) off that US Cutter website is what I'm trying get to work.  Is this the right way to get out computer to reconize it??  Thanks again

Hey Moto,Try looking up on this forum the Newbie manual,it has alot on the drivers ,though it is for sign balzer,but it might help your situation.I would recommend for all new members to at least look at it,it has been phenomonal for helping me getting started,I also just got my refine 721,but I put the supplied SignBlazer on mine.Also welcome from Music City TN