Sign in to follow this  
Hornnumb2

Weeding and different cutters

I have a Master cutter now and it has worked well,but on smaller stuff I  spend a lot of time weeding because the letters are lifting..This is the only cutter I have used so I don't know if that is the norm or if a better machine would cut down on that?  Thanks for any suggestions...Michael

One thing you can try is a new blade. I use Clean Cut Blades and they make a amazing difference for smaller text.

One thing you can try is a new blade. I use Clean Cut Blades and they make a amazing difference for smaller text.

+1

Should I have to mess with letters lifting on the smaller stuff, How does it work for other people?  This is the only machine I have, so I have no comparison...Thanks

Should I have to mess with letters lifting on the smaller stuff, How does it work for other people?  This is the only machine I have, so I have no comparison...Thanks

Seems the more expensive the machine the better the small stuff stays put.

by the way welcome from Michigan

play with these options

-new 60degree blade

-slower cutting speed

-slightly more cutting preasure

i also find it is a little easier to cut small letters on cast vinyl

i also used to have a master cutter, i quickly got fed up with setting it up(i found it very finicky) i exceeded its capabilities within a month of owning it and moved up to a Roland GX24

Well I can say after buying a used Graphtec, that the cutter does make a difference.  So much easier weeding, I did 30 lines of 1/2 text and only had 1 letter lift. The other great thing is less waste with the Graphtec, it knows exactly where it left off from the last cut and where to start the next job. Michael

More expensive vinyl also weeds better....I went from Avery A6 to Oracal 751 and it is night and day.

Guest kenya

Graphtec = Great buy.  :thumbsup:

Welcome from Florida.  :thumbsup: