Skullzeezs

Vinyl is being feed through the machine and not stopping

Hope someone can help here... I just bought this GCC PUMA II 60 yesterday and hooked it up a hour ago... been trying to find troubleshooting all over for this but can not find anything.

SO i loaded up the vinyl.. machine is on, has a ERROR flashing red... when i close the gripper to hold the paper, the machine does its thing (blade goes back and forth, paper feeds) BUT then it keeps feeding the paper and does not stop! I have re rolled the vinyl 4xs now, lol, and have been all over the internet hoping to find a answer..... but nothing, so here i am asking you experts...

ANY IDEAS?

thanks!

I'm no expert - far from it.  But wonder about a couple of things - maybe posting answers to these questions will jog somebody elses memory and offer a solution.

Does the feed roller run constantly or just when you engage the pinch roller?

Is there a photo eye to sense end of material?  Can you tell if it is hooked up?  Can you check if it is working - cover - or shine light on it to see if it effects anything.

Is the computer hooked up? On?  Try without the computer connected to see if you can get it to initialize.

Is the error message always on?  Is there an error code? Flashing lights ?  Counting flashes may give the code needed to troubleshoot.

If you got the manual see how to reset and clear error - or if there is a troubleshooting list of error conditions to look out for.

Hope you get it resolved - Sorry I can only offer ideas that you may already have tried.

-Mike

is it set to sheet instead of roll and trying to find the end of the sheet?

ok, well come to find out, well i am pretty sure this is the issue.... I can not install the software. I get this error when installing VLCD v2.3:

Error 1309. Error reading from file: D;VLCD

V2.3program filesGCCVLCD v2.3usbapi.dll. Verify

That the file exists and that you can access it

ABORT  RETRY  IGNORE

Not sure as to what this means.... and i can not register the PUMA II beacuse i bought it used and the original owner has registered it... so downloading off their site is a NO GO for tonight. I did contact them via email and we will see if I can get some help.... the old owner has been helpful to... 7 hours now into this and still at nothing! I was hoping today i would have something cut for the first time! but i guess i have to learn patients... (ummm what is that)..

just thought i would post a update as to help anyone else that may read this, or if anyone knows what that darn error message means!

thanks for the replies!

is it set to sheet instead of roll and trying to find the end of the sheet?

This.

Mine will feed out a 50 yard roll trying to find the end if I forget and leave it set for sheet vinyl instead of roll vinyl.

well, have you tried to install the Signblazer software? It should work with it. 

no, my VLCD setup is not connecting to my serial port which i just bought... and the guy who sold me the cutter sent me this info to try and get it to connect... (thank you mark) ... and he has been very helpful , but  have any CLUE what this means anyone??

VLCD Notes:

This utility acts as a virtual display to assist you checking the configuration of your cutting plotter. To run this utility, simply execute it under Windows, and before starting the detection, make sure:

1. The right COM port or USB port is selected.

2. The cutting plotter to be detected is in ON LINE status.

With VLCD open, in the port section, select the top COM port listed and click Pole size and Loop Detect. If you get error Device not found, change the port to next COM port on list and recheck pole size and loop. Repeat steps until the device not found error goes away. If it never does go way by checking all available COM ports then you have a PC port communication issue. Once the message is cleared and it detects device, VLCD will add some values in the info areas you then know you have the correct port. Make note of the COM port that was detected, this is the port you will need to use to set up cutting software.

i open VLCD and have been through every inch of everything, reading the properties, etc etc.. and can not find out ANYWHERE where pole size and loop detect is written...even in my serial port for my computer file i can not find any looping or size? any suggestions... ANYONE? :huh:

I found a user manual for a GCC BOBCAT  that describes the poll size and loop detect from the VLCD that GCC provides.  . there is a place to make the page full size at the top  and middle botton of frame is an arrow you can scroll,  hope this helps you,  This cutter is probably close to your version. 

http://www.scribd.com/doc/21465286/GCC-Bobcat-BI-60-Cutting-Plotter

well, have you tried to install the Signblazer software? It should work with it. 

no, my VLCD setup is not connecting to my serial port which i just bought... and the guy who sold me the cutter sent me this info to try and get it to connect... (thank you mark) ... and he has been very helpful , but  have any CLUE what this means anyone??

i open VLCD and have been through every inch of everything, reading the properties, etc etc.. and can not find out ANYWHERE where pole size and loop detect is written...even in my serial port for my computer file i can not find any looping or size? any suggestions... ANYONE? :)

VLCD is a most rudimentary utility program, it's not really a cutting software program, but you can output directly from Coreldraw to your cutter if the com port is set up properly. Try opening "device manager" in Windows and look for COM PORT. Check com port number. It is difficult to know which com port number is correct for your serial card, just start at 1 and keep going up until you get a connection to your cutter. The light you see flashing on the cutter is probably just signifying that the cutter is in pause mode due to no com port connection being detected. Don't know if this will help, just my 2 cents.

Well problem solved! Thank you tekcorps for your patients with me! ANd your instuction manual you had to write me! ANd thank you to everyone else who replied and responded to my ?;s... Can i just say "THANK YOU" for taking the time everyone for responding! You are all awesome people!

I DID MY FIRST TEST CUT (signblazers texts) and it came out beautiful. SO problem solved... no more troubleshooting issues for me, well at this moment! NOW off to start finding things to practice with!

Ahhhh... glad you got it worked out. I knew you would. Your welcome and thank you! Show us some of your work when you get some cranked out.

Have fun and enjoy your new baby!  :o

-tek