Sign in to follow this  
AckTL05

Question about what banner is good for oracle vinyl

I have oracle 651 vinyl and I wanted to make a banner for my store.  

1 member has voted

1. 1. I have oracle 651 vinyl and I wanted to make a banner for my store.

• 10oz white semi-matte
    • 15oz 'blackout' D/F

I have oracle 651 vinyl and I wanted to make a banner for my store. I see 7 different styles and would like to know what roll I would need to buy in order to get this done. I am glueing it to the outside wall, so I would only need one side to be used and I do not need it hemmed or grommets. I am confused at what style to purchase and it if will withstand being outside. Any help would be appreciated,thank you.

Guest YHC

To be honest, it sounds like a permanent fixture. So I wouldn't use the banner and would invest in some Alupanel and mount it.

But to answer your question, as long as its a clean sureface you shouldn't have an issue.

It is going over a flat panel sign and I will be gluing the banner to it and putting vinyl on it. How long would this last? what is the difference between 'blackout' and the regular one?

Guest YHC

Black out is thicker. So if you where hanging it and didn't want to be able to see through it then you would want the black out. The banner itself would last for awhile because it wouldn't be blown in the wind with that application. I'm just not sure how long the glue would last in weather. You could get a 4x8 sheet of the Alupanel for less then $70 and screw it to that wood your gluing to and have a longer lasting more professional look.

Black out is thicker. So if you where hanging it and didn't want to be able to see through it then you would want the black out. The banner itself would last for awhile because it wouldn't be blown in the wind with that application. I'm just not sure how long the glue would last in weather. You could get a 4x8 sheet of the Alupanel for less then $70 and screw it to that wood your gluing to and have a longer lasting more professional look.

+1 or if it is a plastic sign cover it with a sheet of vinyl for a background color and apply your graphics on top (assuming it is a flat painted panel to start_)