Sign in to follow this  
theccinc

can youuse print and cut a print larger than letter size

ok i have been trying to figure this out for days now.. Ican print cut 8.5 x 11 fine..

I cannot print cut anything larger I really need to be able to do this and need to know if it is even possible.. when you setup for print and you workspace and print comes out say 11 x 17

then you when hit cut a print the workspace stays at 8.5 x 11 .. i have tried everything it seems.. Can this software even do this.. I dont want to waste any more time if it can't..

Thanks for any help.. Lisa

You keep using the word print...what do you mean by print?  Are you using a wide format printer?  A Vinyl cutter?  A desktop printer?  A wide format inkjet?

If you let us know what kind of machines you are using we may be able to help.

Ok I setup a image in sbe and then i print it to epson printer size is 11 x17 . then I have a vector outline of the image and hit cut a print in sbe--- my cutter is a laserpoint.. when I hit cut a print inside the sbe software the workspace area always defaults to 8.5 x 11..

Hmm...haven't run sbe for awhile, but when cutting vinyl I thought on the left side you could manually change the media size...is that not how it works for printing as well?

no it does not work like that .. print and cut is a special thing inside sbe..

if I hit a regular cut it is setup fine. I need the print and cut so i can line up the laser when I cut in the laserpoint.. once you hit cut a print there are absolutely no options you can change once you are on that screen.

Hmmmm....I donno, stumped me, hopefully someone who contour cuts with a laswerpoint will be along to help you.

Sorry I don't know more about that process with SBE.

Before opening SBE -- change your printer defaults on the computer you are printing from.

If the default is 81/2 x 11 it will print 81/2 x 11 --- if you change the default to 11 x 17 and then open SBE it will print 11 x 17.

I do this all the time (only up to 8.5 x 14 so far, but it works the same on all printers)

If SBE is already open it will default back to the printer settings when the program was opened, no matter what you change them to till you restart SBE.

Hope that helps.

Unfortunately is does not work for me I even changed that as my default printer and default to that size .. no go..

yes the print size is always correct it is the cut a print portion that will not go any higher than 8.5 x 11..

I have the same issue. It worked a few months ago, haven't tried it in a while and now I can't get it out of 8.5 x 11.  It prints fine at 12x12, but then I go to cut print and it is 8.5x11.

Help Please!!!!!!

I have worked on it for hours.. different computers, different printers and different cutters. It simply does not work..I just had to move on to different software.I could not waste anymore time on it.. this is the bed thing about having no support for software... I did pay and update to the latest version as suggested on this forum  that did not work either.

that's funny because I can set my HP 950C printers default to Legal (8 1/2 x 14) and it works fine.

Anything 8.5 is fine. Can you wider or switch it landscape? Again, it works to print, but not to cut a print.

Thanks