Sign in to follow this  
ThreeDFlyer

What would you charge?

Hello guys/gals,

I'm doing some window stickers for a local company and I was wondering what a fair price would be on these stickers. I got the weeding time down to 2:00 min. Material per stickers is about $.14

stickers are 1/2" by 10"

The customer thought $1 per sticker was to much for 50-100pcs.? I'm I way to High??

photo-37.jpg

Hello guys/gals,

I'm doing a some window stickers for a local company and I was wondering what a fair price would be on these stickers. I got the weeding time down to 2:00 min. Material per stickers is about $.14

stickers are 1/2" by 10"

The customer thought $1 per sticker was to much for 50-100pcs.? I'm I way to High??

photo-37.jpg

Honestly, tell the customer to take it or leave it. NO reputable sign shop that knows what they are doing is going to do these for $1 each. Heck, around here ships have $85 minimums and won't even touch orders like this in cut vinyl anymore.

$114 for 50

$186 for 100

This is where i would be at no questions asked.

I'm not really sure how many I can do an hour because I was having "Port Error problems" so I couldn't get an accurate count per hour. ;)

Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it! I was thinking $1.00 per sticker was way to cheap for 50 stickers!

I would be around $1 each probably, maybe a little less depending on my weed times compared to yours.  If I could bring home $30-$40 an hour and drop the price a bit on this job I would take it

People have a hard time understanding the difference between cut vinyl and printed bumper sticker type stuff.....there is alot more time involved in a cut product than most people realize.

Guest Schramm

Stick to your guns and if they do not like it tell them to jump off a roof!!!  That price IMO is too little!  I mean there would be a design charge for custom sizing and then a per piece charge.  I would say $2 each if they take 50 or less with a minimum of $85 and if they take 100 or more $1.35 minimum!  Dont let a customer dictate price EVER, what it does is sends out the message that you dont know what you are doing and I honestly think you do.  Large sign companies would charge more and anyone that has a rep whould as well.

I get this PITAs in my glass business as well.  They want free samples, prices special for them based on a large order then once the price is there for them to get there large order done they would scumbag me and buy 5!  Well I put the end to that I charge for each and everything and if they do not like it I tell them to shop around and they never want to do that.  Since I have done this better then 2.5 years ago I have grown quite a rep and people respect me for my honesty up front! 

SOLUTION:  Tell him you made a mistake that you are willing to stand behind but if he passes you will need to charge more.  Keep your price at the price that you have and tell him that is for a minimum of 100 take it or leave it and if he leaves it the cost will be $2 each.  This is your business and not his, you need to make money at this business or you will fail!  Trust me you will win doing it this way and you will feel good for the job when you get it and you will trust me!

Guest Schramm

Live and Learn is all I can say!  I have been there where you want the work, need the business and so on and honestly if you have to give it away is it really worth it?  Our job is a business of choice, we chose it because it is something that we like to do and if we have to do a companies jobs at our cost how long is this going to be fun?!