Sign in to follow this  
Guest Schramm

Purchased some new equipment! Should be a great add on

Guest Schramm

Man have I ever had two days of luck since I got back from Branson. Yesterday I went and bought a brand new $1800 air compressor (industrial gas powered) for $400 cash and it was still in the crate! Says it puts out an impressive 14.2cfm at 150psi and has a PUMA pump, internet says rated 5 out of 5 stars for preformance. I found that on craigslist! Tonight for a whopping $150 I bought a Snap on tools On-site Blaster with Vacuum kinda like the tool that I am posting my videos on YouTube with. This one is way better then the one that I have now. It was used but they can take a real beating and keep going. Below is a pic of the new/used shop bot that I bought.

I got offered to do a number of mirrors in a very high end bar in St. Louis but they are already installed so I need to do these on-site and my other unit is great for the shop but it came to me with a dent at one of the wheels so it wobbles (no problem in the shop) but if I have to elevate it and it tips with the grit it weighs about 125 lbs and would break whatever it hits. Now I have to take my bakers scaffold down to have a vacuum landing welded onto it so I can strap it into place.

post-0-12986552019761_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986552019991_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986552036353_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986552036502_thumb.jpg

Guest Schramm

with that kind of luck i hope you bought a lottery ticket

Funny you say that I bought 2 tonight for my daughter and she won $15!  The on-site blaster was on ebay, the compressor (which I basically STOLE) was on craigslist, he wanted $700 but I got there and offered $400 and he took it as he needed the money!

People are hurting for cash

Ive been seeing more and more things selling for a lot less than they should

I hate taking advantage of others misfortune

but when you find a deal you gotta jump on it

Guest Schramm

Are you kidding me?  If they need the money and they make the deal based on their needs I dont feel I am taking advantage of them.  Look at it like this, if you pay retail for everything for your business you are totally nuts.  I am totally like Monty Hall and I make deals daily.  I honestly between computers, software, cutter, vinyl, tapes, tools and then silvering and sandblasting equipment have way more then 50K worth of stuff and have paid less then 15K for all of it!  I bought a 2000 cargo van last year for $1100 GMC Savanna with 100K on it.  Then insted of paying $1400 for a interior glass rack I designed my own and spent $35 on some wood and it carries more then the unit for $1400!  I am always on the search for deals and that is what makes things fun!

Maybe I shouldve said that a little different

I dont have a problem with getting a good deal  and I fully understand people must do what they have to to get by or survive

Im always looking for deals too and when youre lucky enough to find one grab it

As far as the misfortune statement   I meant misfortune as far as job loss,bills,and so on

Not every one has a back up plan or the means or the smarts to be self employed  I relied on my vinyl business while I was laid off last year from my full time job and was able to get by  I would love to be able to do the vinyl work full time but its just not possible in my area

Guest Schramm

You should get into glass etching I am doing great and I live in a town of 4000 people.

Guest Schramm

Yes and I do these in peoples homes as well.  I have done onsite blasting for a while, this is just new upgrades to my equipment.  Snagging the stuff for those prices were great.  I do blasting at my home and on site.  If they bring me the project it cost one price, if I buy the glass and ship it is another and if I go on site I charge for the drive as well as a remove and replace on a door.  Because of this I get alot of national work where I ship and most people bring the work to me locally.  There are things that cannot be brought to me such as shower doors, installed bathroom mirrors, bar mirrors and many others and for those I have to travel.  The bar job that I am doing in St Louis is large and I sold them the antique mirror for the job and worked direct with the architect on this.

Guest Schramm

great finds! I would like to hear more about your rack maybe some pics  :huh:

I am taking the scaffold down to the welder once I pick up the snap on blast/vac as they need it to retrofit it.  We also have to come up with a makeshift counter weight as the unit will weigh about 200 lbs once the grit is in it (dont want this thing popping wheelies!).  I have no problem posting pics once it is complete and tested and would be happy to tell you what we did to make it safe.