Sign in to follow this  
mod22

storage

How does everyone store thier vinyl including scraps? I have only been doing this a couple of weeks and I already have a bunch of pieces I was thinking an old dresser to lay the scraps down in may work any ideas are welcome .

I have sooooo many pieces of scrap pieces of all sizes, it is unbelievable.  because my projects are usually large, My vinyl comes in boxes that are 24" x 7" x 7" ??   and  30"  x 7"  x 7"   ?  I cut the panel out of one side of the box.  I roll my scraps up and stand in the box, I write  on the backing length and color..  I roll the vinyl on inside to keep dust off.  When needed, just reroll the opposite way, let sit for about 10 minutes will lay flat again.    

I found one of those shoe storage boxes at a yard sale for a few bucks. IT has about 20 pigeon holes that are 4x6 and about 20 inches deep. It works great.

I use 7 X7 box as well but I roll mine up and put inside with lid to close to keep dust off works for me jhelms

All big scraps go into one box...usually don't have too many of those around.

All small stuff goes into another box....and they get used for etching.

All good ideas , I like the clip idea for quick viewing but not sure the wife could handle the clutter.keep the ideas coming !!