I broke my Laserpoint.  :thumbsup:

I was completing an order when the vinyl got caught up and just snapped this thing right off! Has this happened to any of you? Does anyone know if I can order a part to fix this? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

post-4802-12986551914441_thumb.jpg

post-4802-12986551931519_thumb.jpg

Don't be timid. It just takes a bit of screw driver skills.  :huh:

I'd also like to mention/ask: if your blade caught the vinyl to the degree that it snapped the blade holder, I'm inclined to believe your blade depth wasn't properly set? Here's a useful tip -even if that wasn't the issue- and it'll save you blades, holders, vinyl and stress: before you put the blade (new or otherwise) back in the holder to start cutting; take a couple sheets of paper or a stack of post-it-notes, and do a simple test... If you can "draw" a square or a circle on the top sheet without cutting the bottom, your blade is at the proper depth for most vinyl. You should see only the faintest score marks on the bottom sheet; if any at all. From there it's just a matter of adjusting your cutter's force. 

Cheers!

It appears those instructions Levi posted are for the Creation PCUT. This Laserpoint don't even have a hex screw to remove. I'm a lot lost of this one. I know its probably simple but can anyone dumb this down a little bit?

Help.  :thumbsup:

The instructions apply to both machines. You will first need to remove the face plate from the carriage. Once you do that you will see that a metal rod comes up from the carriage arm and is held in place by a set screw at the top of the rod. If you loosen the set screw then the carriage arm will be released. You will need a short flat head screw driver to free the top end of the carriage from the cross beam. The screws that need to be loosened are inside of the metal rods that have springs surrounding them. These are easily visible on the top of the carriage. Once you loosen these and remove the carriage you will be able to easily slide the carriage arm out and install the new one.

The instructions apply to both machines. You will first need to remove the face plate from the carriage. Once you do that you will see that a metal rod comes up from the carriage arm and is held in place by a set screw at the top of the rod. If you loosen the set screw then the carriage arm will be released. You will need a short flat head screw driver to free the top end of the carriage from the cross beam. The screws that need to be loosened are inside of the metal rods that have springs surrounding them. These are easily visible on the top of the carriage. Once you loosen these and remove the carriage you will be able to easily slide the carriage arm out and install the new one.

Okay. Levi, I see what you are saying now. Thanks. I didn't see that real small black hex screw at the top. Bare with me cause I have one other question.

On the attached picture, you see that small black thing that I'm pointing at with the blue pen? It has the white wire on the other side of it. How does that come out to put on the new carriage arm?

EDIT: Sorry, couldn't upload picture. Something about upload full;contact administrator.

Thanks.

Okay. Here is the picture I was talking about in the previous post. Can anyone advise me on this?

post-4802-12986552069385_thumb.jpg

post-4802-12986552083828_thumb.jpg

looks to me the described screw is to be removed to get to the area you are at now - insert the new arm into the carriage

Figured out its not a screw. It actually pulls right out in the opposite direction. Its the laserpoint with the white wire connected to it. But I can't seem to figure out how to get it off this old one with wire attached so I can put it on the new one. The white wire leads to a sort of motherboard. I thought it would just slide or snap off the motherboard, but it doesn't.

I would post a another picture of it but the board picture capacity appears to full again.