budracer1

Before I buy questions

actually, I don't know if you remember the problems that ff958 was having.  

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,26057.msg205946.html#msg205946

but I happened to see a Graphtec 42" FC7000  model   not too  far from him on Craigslist for $2900, 'cause that is a very good deal.  so I sent him the link ,,  He is the proud owner of that machine now and  this is what he wrote me back a couple days ago,  I gave him a little time to get used to it.  His reply

"one word WOW. I can't believe the difference in the quality. It already has me spoiled, no more setting origins, no more manual feeding after the jobs cuts to cut the vinyl crooked. I am glad I bought the cheap cutters first. I was able to learn the hard way first so I know how good I have it now. And besides the cheap cutters paid for the good one".  

have you checked your area on craigslist, to see if anyone has a good deal on a used cutter?  or even new..  people sell new in there also, 

Ok I may have just found a real deal....I found a used graphtec ce3000mk2-60 24" cutter on craigslist for 500.00. Its not really in driving distance so Ill have to have the guy ship it but he said that would be like $50.00. I know this is an older graphtec but my roland was probably 20 years old.

What do you guys think?

JB

Ok I may have just found a real deal....I found a used graphtec ce3000mk2-60 24" cutter on craigslist for 500.00. Its not really in driving distance so Ill have to have the guy ship it but he said that would be like $50.00. I know this is an olde graphtec but my roland was probably 20 years old.

What do you guys think?

JB

as long as it's in good working order,  a Graphtec or a Roland are very good machines.

I recently sold one of these and they are the same as the ce-5000-60 except color - at that price GRAB IT

The mk2 is the one with the auto registration unlike the ce-3000-60!

I went from a Roland Stika to  an older graphtec, bought here used, and have yet to regret it. It is a serious machine, and a huge step up in quality. It also weighs a ton, when I get around to building  a stand it's gonna have to be heavy duty.

Ok getting closer...supposed to know something on the graphtec tomorrow. If that doesnt work out ....

which of these is the better unit

Pcut

Seiki

GCC Sable

Ok scratch all that lol...I bought a Summa. Its a used Summacut D60/U got a pretty good deal I think and from what I understand Summa is one the best cutters out there.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

JB

Ok scratch all that lol...I bought a Summa. Its a used Summacut D60/U got a pretty good deal I think and from what I understand Summa is one the best cutters out there.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

JB

Congrats on your purchase!

Ok I may have just found a real deal....I found a used graphtec ce3000mk2-60 24" cutter on craigslist for 500.00. Its not really in driving distance so Ill have to have the guy ship it but he said that would be like $50.00. I know this is an older graphtec but my roland was probably 20 years old.

What do you guys think?

JB

does he still have the Graphtec for sale???

pm with info if he does

congrats on the new machine looks awesome - hadn't looked at the summa before and wow those are some small drive rollers!  should be a good solid machine