budracer1

Before I buy questions

I originally bought a Roland Camm-1 PNC-950 off the BST here and have had awesome service with it but my business has grew and Im looking to move up to at least a 24" machine. I have read and read and it seems the more research I do the more I get confused on which cutter I want. Im looking to spend up to 350.00 to 400.00. I have been looking at the MH721 as well as the MH871 since there only $20.00 difference. Then theres the 31" cutter from signwarehouse thats price pretty nice too. I also have a friend with the lazercut used that I can buy pretty reasonable. I do a lot of small stuff too for RC cars and I dont want to lose the ability to cut from small scraps like I could with my roland.

One other thing....I need my new machine pretty quick so could anyone give an idea how long for delivery if a USCutter machine is bought from ebay? How about the one from sign warehouse.

What are your opinions?

thanks JB

I guess to give an estimate we would need to know about where you are.  the friends laserpoint would be there on time.  personally I would hae a hard time recommending the 871 right now with some recent issues and the p-cut and laserpoint are being discontinued.  I didn't see a cutter cheaper than 700 at SW and that is almost as much as a copam!

I would agree on the gcc if it is as good as Marcus has claimed the higher end models are.  I would gamble on that over the redsail

yeh signwarehouse is closer and tech support pretty good I would just have a hard time recommending a redsail.  If you can get by try to make do with your present set up and not make delivery time a big priority - you are making a purchase you will have to live with for a while

ad I posted says 6-11 days delivery.. On GCC

The buy it now ad with stand is the one I was referring to, some say 16 to 21 days and some say 11 to 16

How about the good ole mh721?

someone with a MH721 will have to chime in..  I have a Graphtec..  and wouldn't have it any other way..   I originally had a Seiki which is also a good machine and a 30", I had no problems  and also reasonably priced $300+ area,,  and they ship fast from Nevada..  I just worked up to a Graphtec 30" and will stay here,   and I still have my Seiki also.  Also on my Seiki the grit roller is all the way across the cutter. I continous grit roller. not just  4or 5 places for the pinch rollers

You can place your vinyl anywhere and cut..

http://cgi.ebay.com/34-NEW-VINYL-CUTTER-PLOTTER-Flexi-8-CONTOUR-24-25-36_W0QQitemZ130376847045QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e5b10cec5

I've been using a MH-721 for the last 2 years. Granted the cutter is over ~4 years old it does what it's supposed to, most of the time. It had definitely served me well and paid for itself time and time again. But lately I find myself constantly fighting with it more and more, that's why I just bought a refurb Graphtec a few days ago.

I wouldn't recommend the MH-721 if you're planning on cutting large jobs, I have run into memory problems with it and have to split the job into multiple to get it to cut properly. Also, it take a lot more effort to line up the vinyl to get it to track. I spent 20 min lining up for a job last week - it's 9' long and I can't split because it's a border around lettings... and in the end, I still couldn't get the border to close, i was off by 1/8"... (this is where you insert various cuss words)! Also, the MH seems more prone to static problems, at least according to what other members are saying.

I have heard good things about the GCC, I actually considered getting one, but it was just too difficult to pass up the Graphtec. If you're not opposed to buying used/demo/refurb, sometimes you can find good deals on a great cutter!

so your 8.1 isn't even Vista compatible.  Not Vista compatible until Version 8.5

As far as Im concerned vista is compatible with vista...lol..... I have upgraded all my vista machines to XP :thumbsup:

JB

that is what I run on my cutters,  XP,  and a couple of months ago purchased a backup used Toshiba laptop xp 

I guess I should add that I do not use my cutter everyday. I do small work for local businesses by word of mouth, but Ive turned down a few jobs because my roland would only cut 12 inches wide and It wouldnt track 4ft straight.

So what im saying is 10 days a month maybe is the expected use of whatever I buy....does that change opinions any?

JB

don't change my opinions,  In those 10 days when you want to use your cutter,  You want to make sure those 10 day jobs don't turn  into 20 days because your cutter don't work right,  having to fight with it.etc.  And if you read this forum enough you will read what I'm talking about,.  :thumbsup:

don't change my opinions,  In those 10 days when you want to use your cutter,  You want to make sure those 10 day jobs don't turn  into 20 days because your cutter don't work right,   having to fight with it.etc.  And if you read this forum enough you will read what I'm talking about,.  :thumbsup:

+1 a good running cutter is worth it's weight in gold

you got that right,  every time I turn my Graphtec on, and cut,  I know, unless I did something real dumb,  that my cutter is going to cut perfect the first time and everytime. and has for 3 years.

you got that right,  every time I turn my Graphtec on, and cut,  I know, unless I did something real dumb,  that my cutter is going to cut perfect the first time and everytime. and has for 3 years.

Defiantly - do you want to trade if I buy you a zencut green?? I heard it is as good as the graphtec somewhere