Sign in to follow this  
prettybird

Having a problem cutting out a design on Flexi

Hi, I am using Flexi Sign Pro 8.1  with a Seiki SK870T cutter.  Sometimes the cut is off where the start and finish of the cut line meet.  Like on one design I do, it has a square outline around it and the lines were off where they are supposed to meet.  Also sometimes when it cuts out the middle of a letter (like an 'a') it will cut too far where the lines meet and cut into the letter but it doesn't always do that.  Is there something that can be done to adjust the cutting better?  Today on one design I cut out, (one with a square border around it) when it was cutting out the border, it got it way off and cut it right through the letters instead of where it was supposed to cut.  Sometimes it's way off, sometimes just a little off, and sometimes not off at all.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!  Thanks

I had a Seiki  , sounds like you are not tracking straight.    Try the tile feature,  It does not cut across it,  just starts cutting everything in the first tile, advances to next tile, til it ends the job of the last tile.   But still all stays one single graphic.... I use that feature alot

bring up your cut/plot screen and click one of the advanced tabs,  it shows several different ways to tile it,  I just have Flexistarter, and I do it.  Also at the top of your Main screen  should be HELP. click it and Help topics

Not sure about the Seiki blade holder , but is it possible the blade isn't setting in the holder correctly?  Could the bearing in the holder be worn?

How far off is the cut from meeting in measurement. Is it off consistantly?

If that bearing wears in a Graphtec, the cuts don't meet.

This is a new machine that I just bought a couple weeks ago.  The cut is off about 1/4 inch, sometimes less, sometimes more.  I cut one item out four times and it messed up each time, usually in different spots.  It  doesn't always mess up, but today it was doing really bad. 

Is there anything I could check on the machine?

Thanks

did you contact Seiki tech support?   If new,,  it is under warranty.  

seikitech@hotmail.com    

how long of a design are you trying to cut?  Did you try the tileing? 

I did contact seiki, they said to check the tool carriage which we did and it looks normal and seems to be on track from looking at it. 

For the tiling, I went into the advanced tab and didn't see anything about tiling.  Can you be more specific about what to do on that tab?

The design is only about 21" by 21"

Thanks

You have 8.1, so yours it a bit different.  than my 8.5     But at the top of your main layout screen is HELP...click it and> HELP TOPICS,   those are your instructions for your software.  

shouldn't be any where that far off from teh factory - the amount off is too much to be offset so back to the basics 1 check to be sure the carriage is on the track, 2 make sure there is not too much slop in the carriage or roller belts.

Guest Terry

could be many things, even the graphic, but in flexi besure your not set on OVER CUT...............

My overcut is set to 0.1.  Is that a good setting?  The design cuts right on another machine, so I don't think it's the design.  The machine that is having the problem sometimes cuts good, and sometimes it cuts bad.  How do you tell if the tool carriage is bad?  Or the belts?

Thanks