gprockhill

Cutting Force Adjustment with PCut 24 inch

I am having a tough time with my first weed using apparel vinyl. What I realized is that some of the letters are not cut completely. Causing the weeding to be a BEAR.

Is there a way to adjust the pressure of the cutting blade? Should I try this?  Would I also slow down the cutting if all the letters are not cutting cleanly?

Using: PCut and Cutting ThermoFlex Plus vinyl. Thanks in advance!

I dont know about thermoflex but you adjust pressure by turning pcut on letting it come on line pressing the on line button  you should see the x and y, hit mode  there you should press until you find pressure set your desired no. hit pause 1 time that will put you back to x and y then hit on line button and you should be back on line then cut Good luck jhelms

usually an incomplete cut on p-cut is fixed with slight change to the offset - in some programs there is also a overcut feature

Is the off-set changed in the cutting software? I do not see an off-set in the menu of the PCut cutter itself. And... would that change be upward or downward? I would guess downward.

most offset is in the cutting software,  You do not state what cutting software you are even using..  In Signblazer it is on the cutter setup.  If you would take the time to read the newbie maunual, You would be alot better off.  You need to walk before you run.  There is a learning curve to it all.  You just can't turn your machine on and expect it to do what you want. You have to fine tune your machine for different cuts and material.  Or you will be wasting alot of vinyl.  You should be fine tuning and doing test cuts before you ever attempt to do a REAL design.  just my 2c

here is a guide for using the offset feature - I do not have a p-cut any more and can't remember where the setting is

Offset1.jpg

People when sign in fresh at this forum should not read the forum rules about posting but should be forced to download and fully read the new bie manual first.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D

Paco