Sign in to follow this  
stormy

illumaPress

I'm looking into getting a second press. Ran across this one on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-15X15-T-SHIRT-HEAT-PRESS-MACHINE-15-X-15-BLACK-HP_W0QQitemZ190376866307QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c53587203

Looks like a great price for a new shipped press, but I'm a little skeptical. Does anyone have this press? Do you like it?

I purchased a sunie 16x20 once. That thing was a big piece of junk, however I've heard good reviews about sunie from others. Maybe they've fixed some problems? This looks like a Sunie comparable unit.

Honestly, I'd be more comfortable buying an old HIX or something, but I'd like it to have a nice appearance like this press does, as this press will be mainly dedicated as a portable press and will be seen by customers. Also need one with a 110 outlet, as my current HIX was converted to 220.

Stormy I would really look for something with over the center pressure adjustment - this looks like the ones that most have complained about - I have not heard anything bad about illumipress but the ones that seem to have the most complaints have the pressure adjustment back like the one you show.  did you ever contact sunie about the problems you had? if you bought it directly from them they have a 3 yr warranty

I have that exact press right now. So far most of it has been good except for a cold spot in the middle front that causes issues with some transfers that Im still trying to work out. I am going to try bumping my heat to get the cold spot to the right temp and press a shirt with a plastisol transfer.

I have had issues with several of my large ones that don't press in that area. if that don't work i will be contacting them for a replacement heat coil.

I don't believe I ever contacted Sunie. This was probably two years ago, I'm pretty sure mine didnt have a 3 yr warranty, I wouldve acted on it. Mine may have been 30 days or something.

Cold spots are exactly what I do not want and that's probably enough information to steer me away from this. I can't stand presses with uneven heating and pressure.

Maybe I'll look at some sunies. Any problems with those?

I don't believe I ever contacted Sunie. This was probably two years ago, I'm pretty sure mine didnt have a 3 yr warranty, I wouldve acted on it. Mine may have been 30 days or something.

Cold spots are exactly what I do not want and that's probably enough information to steer me away from this. I can't stand presses with uneven heating and pressure.

Maybe I'll look at some sunies. Any problems with those?

I've had one for a couple of years now and no problems except a bad segment in the display that I didn't notice until I started doing dye sub - I contacted them and had a new controller in 3-4days. if you buy direct from their site it is free shipping right now and 3 yr warranty - off ebay the warranty is much shorter

Yea. Im upgradding to a sunie soon. I will probably keep this press for my siser stuff when I have a large order to have 2 people pressing them