dinki

Coloring traced coloring book pages

Hey guys, I'm looking to 'color' a traced (eps) coloring book character in Flexi 8.  I'm not having any luck figuring out how to 'color' the different parts of the character.  I know that in photoshop, you can use the magic wand to select an area (like the character's shirt) and then use the paint bucket to fill.  Is there some way to do this in Flexi?

Also, if I do manage to get the character colored the way I want, do I use auto-trap to make the color portions slightly bigger so that when I lay the black outline on top there are no gaps between the outline and the colored areas?

Please help! :thumbsup:

did u try to un-compound the image? then you can select the inner part.

also I would outline the image to 0.0" and then cut and layer on top of the solid piece, background if that's an option, seems easier than trying to oversize parts.

Hmm.. That does seem like the route to take.  I think I was frustrated as when I uncompound everything goes black.  I was just thinking about that when I read your reply but I guess I could go to wireframe, select the piece to color and then fill after I switch back to solid.  Is there a way to see the outlines in fill mode like what you see when you do a select all on an uncompounded vector file?

I think you're right about layering on top of the solid piece (black outline for me).  Not sure what you meant about outline the image to 0.0" though.

Thanks for the tips.  I'll give them a try.

On the un-compound its tough I usually make a copy so I have one to look at before I un-compound I dont know of any other way So there could be a way I just dont know it lol

on the outline, select the image and go to effects, outline and set it to 0.0" this is just so you dont make it bigger then remove the original then you have a solid outline of the orig. Then you can cut your colors and layer them on.