MaderDesign

Copam not recognized and shorting out

So I plug the USB cable in and get ready to cut and nothing. The USB has too much play and moves around, ever since day 1 I sort of noticed it. It's not screwed in like the other ports. Well not when I plug it in the computer does not recognize that it is being plugged in, if i wiggle it around my screen goes black and I am forced to restart (i'm thinking the usb is shorting out).

So I guess I'm looking at another motherboard? I sent in a ticket and just waiting for a response back.

*btw, please don't mention hooking it up with serial because none of my computers have that connection.*

Guest fivestar

Mader do yourself a favor and get a Graphtec or Roland.  You won't be disappointed.

It's always something. It doesn't make sense that the usb is just held on by solder and not some sort of screws.

Okay, went and bought a serial to usb adapter, to see if that would work, and it gets connection and sends but now the blade and holder will not drop down to cut, it just goes around like it's cutting but won't drop down.

Tried it again, it shot the vinyl out and the rollers wouldn't stop. I'm thinking it's a bad motherboard ;(

I hit "test" and it cuts the test cut just fine. I think it's time to send this back and get the motherboard replaced in it.

This is only the second copam I have seen with a hardware problem! and both this week