Sign in to follow this  
godstrong1

blurry images printing?

I am doing a project for my boss at work she asked me to design a template for some folders she wanted to get printed. My question is when we printed the folders the photos I used printed a little blurry and distorted, did this happen because the photos are to small? If so what is the recommended size for the photos to print out nice and clear? Thanks

Good rule of thumb for print is 300 dpi at the correct dimensions.  180dpi will typically print fine at correct dimensions as well. (example, if the photo is 4x6 on the folder, the image size should be 4in x 6in. @ 180 dpi).

Good rule of thumb for print is 300 dpi at the correct dimensions.  180dpi will typically print fine at correct dimensions as well. (example, if the photo is 4x6 on the folder, the image size should be 4in x 6in. @ 180 dpi).

What programs can I change the resolution on the images with. I am created the template with inkscape. Can I change resolution in inkscape or gimp if so how thank

If there is a program that can make a low resolution pic into a high resolution one, I'd like to know what it is too.

Photo zoom pro is good program, but do not expect miracle .

If you pull pic of the google search (250x250) there is nothing you can do to make it look good.

Photo zoom pro is good program, but do not expect miracle .

If you pull pic of the google search (250x250) there is nothing you can do to make it look good.

I agree. I downloaded it and tried it. Somewhat of an improvement but no way near good enough for printing.