Sign in to follow this  
nenemott

My first hoodie and stickers with my new uscutter LP 24

I am new to this, I have done screen printing for a while, but I am new to this and it took me a while to learn how to do contour cutting with my uscutter LP 24 plotter. Give me some feedback, thanks[/img]

post-6940-12986550709366_thumb.jpg

post-6940-12986550719502_thumb.jpg

post-6940-12986550743903_thumb.jpg

post-6940-12986550760037_thumb.jpg

Guest manwayvan

Everything looks great! 2 questions if you dont mind

1. Is the top image screen printed or heat pressed?

2. Since the LP is basically manual contour cutting could you explain how you went about this and what software you are using to contour cut with. I have been trying to use my pcut to contour cut with flexi for awhile but my reg is off by atleast and inch I would say..lol cut messin up all my paper.

Thanks

The jacket is heat pressed vinyl, and the decals first I searched for decal pictures on the internet, then I saved them in pictures and imported them using signblazer elements software I got with my cutter, I duplicate then I vectorize one image them I delete one and keep the vectorized one and the duplicate, then I go to manipulate and expand outline and only leave the keep original and outline. next I separate the vector image and go to manipulate again and cut mask off, make sure you have the expanded image which is black and it will change to light color, then I put the three images together and make sure the duplicate in on top so I can print the original on papilio paper, you have to go to print to see how big it is on the paper, if you are not satisfied, hit finish and keep making it bigger until you are satisfied, then go to file cut a print, NOW HERE IS THE IMPORTANT PART, TURN ON CUTTER AND INSERT THE PAPER ALL THE WAY IN UNTIL THE BLADE IS ON THE BULLS EYE OR REGISTRATION MARK , MAKE SURE THE LASER BEAM IS RIGHT ON THE MARK,CLICK NEXT AND WHEN IT GOES TO THE LEFT , IF YOU HAVE TO RELEASE THE ROLLER AND SLOWLY MOVE THE PAPER INTIL IT IS ALSO ON THE REGISTRATION, AND WHEN YOU CLICK NEXT, THE BLADE ARM WILL GO TO THE FIRST MARK AND THEN JUST CLICK CUT AND YOU SHOULD GET A PERFECT OR NEAR PERFECT CUT. Here is the link where I bought the paper http://papilio.com/inkjet%20waterproof%20adhesive%20film%20media.html

if you have any other questions , feel free to ask, I love this site and am learning a lot from you guys, thanks

I am planning on making a video on how to make these decals, I will put it in the instructions forum, I will do it with camtasia.

Guest kenya

Looks Great.... the video will be nice to see.  :thumbsup:

Guest manwayvan

Thanks for the info..I got all the tools just cant seem to make them work together to come up with an accurate cut..lol If anybody got any tips on getting flexi and a pcut to work together to contour cut I would greatly appreciate it. As I mentioned my contour is off badly for some reason..But I will give a try with signblazer to see if I can get something going..Thanks again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELeN6CMzlE

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELeN6CMzlE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELeN6CMzlE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This is a video I made on how I do my contour cutting with my uscutter LP24, I had no microphone, so it is silent and it is best to click it twice so you can watch it in youtube. When you finish printing it click finish and click on file cut a print, then insert the papilio paper with the top first and the registration marks at the end.  Put in all the way and set the paper so your laser is directly on the right registration mark, then put the roller on it and make sure the paper is even so when your blade goes to the left it hits the other registration mark, once you hit cut you should be alright, .let me know if you have any questions.