Sign in to follow this  
mr300s

Look what UPS dropped off

All set up and its awesome. Jpss paper will be here tomorrow.....

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

Yea..Is that the Cobra High Temp Ink...and if it is? Is it considered true sublimation ink and what media do you intend to print on for heat transfers?

I got the Workforce 30 with pigmented CISS from Cobra last month and can't say enough regarding response time to my order and quality of product, he outperformed my expectations.

Uh...I did speak to the employees down at our local UPS Center and they requested that you change your title to "Look What UPS Just Delivered"

..not "dropped off"".  :thumbsup:

Yea..Is that the Cobra High Temp Ink...and if it is? Is it considered true sublimation ink and what media do you intend to print on for heat transfers?

I got the Workforce 30 with pigmented CISS from Cobra last month and can't say enough regarding response time to my order and quality of product, he outperformed my expectations.

Uh...I did speak to the employees down at our local UPS Center and they requested that you change your title to "Look What UPS Just Delivered"

..not "dropped off"".  :thumbsup:

no I think he has it right from many of their deliveries - dropped from an airplane!

No it is the  pigmented CISS from Cobra I told him I was going to be doing shirts with the JPSS and that was what he said to go with not the high temp, and I had it right dropped.

And this was months ago and they never ever paid the claim to the guy that insured it so in turn I never got it fixed....

And after this I will NEVER use UPS again !!!!

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

Yep, got mine two weeks ago at the OfficeMax. Then ordered the refillable carts from Cobra. Glad they didn't "drop" the printer off, it ain't near as tough as that press.

I bought a Kohler 20 horse engine for my mower last year, and pulled up right as the DHL guy was fixing to shove it out the van door with his foot. Said it was too heavy to unload, so I helped him. Then I called DHL, and they told me wasn't anyway one of their drivers would do that. Yea, right.

I will be watching to see a shirt printed.. I think I might get one of these... I need to learn a little bit about pigment inks. How well do they hold up on shirts and mugs?

Guest sciondrgn

I will be watching to see a shirt printed.. I think I might get one of these... I need to learn a little bit about pigment inks. How well do they hold up on shirts and mugs?

So far the ones i've done have held up great.. I posted a video in the t-shirt threads.. Using my WorkForce 1100 and JPSS!  :thumbsup:

Guest sciondrgn

what would be the real difference in getting pigment ink vs. dye inks for it? Is one better than the other

I had tested both with the same shirt and same image.. One printed with an epson dye ink printer and one with the pigment and after one washing the dye ink faded

Guest sciondrgn

what would be the real difference in getting pigment ink vs. dye inks for it? Is one better than the other

I had tested both with the same shirt and same image.. One printed with an epson dye ink printer and one with the pigment and after one washing the dye ink faded

So far the ones i've done have held up great.. I posted a video in the t-shirt threads.. Using my WorkForce 1100 and JPSS!   :thumbsup:

Guess I didn't realize pigmented ink would transfer well to a mug, I've been under the impression sublimation ink was required for that to work well.

Guest sciondrgn

So far the ones i've done have held up great.. I posted a video in the t-shirt threads.. Using my WorkForce 1100 and JPSS!   :thumbsup:

Guess I didn't realize pigmented ink would transfer well to a mug, I've been under the impression sublimation ink was required for that to work well.

I was speaking of shirts not mugs.. I would assume you need the high temp ink for mug transfers

Just saw an email from Richard at Cobra Ink. They're having a price increase April 1st, due to their suppliers having a price increase. If ya need any more ink, or a system or stuff, now might be a good time to stock up. Although he didn't state how much of an increase, I guess it's gonna be enough to make an announcement.

Guest sciondrgn

Just saw an email from Richard at Cobra Ink. They're having a price increase April 1st, due to their suppliers having a price increase. If ya need any more ink, or a system or stuff, now might be a good time to stock up. Although he didn't state how much of an increase, I guess it's gonna be enough to make an announcement.

Hopefully it's not to much.. I was going to get the reflillable carts for my 1100 and some ink from him but I like the pre-fabbed 1100 so I might nab one of those instead and just have 2 printers lol

Just talked with Cobra, he said the ink might go up a dollar a bottle.  That was just a guess on his part.

so right,when ups delivered my cutter it was cracked on both sides still use able,but ups never took car of the problem either.i even spoke to so called management.

so right,when ups delivered my cutter it was cracked on both sides still use able,but ups never took car of the problem either.i even spoke to so called management.

Uh..What did the shipper say? Responsibility to pack an item correctly for shipment is the shippers. Responsibility to make claim for any damage with a shipment lays with the shipper. I've seen two posts in this thread that either state or imply the item was received damaged by the consignee and they were apparently willing to live with that, only to blame UPS later. Again, uh..what did the shipper say? If anything, I'd think you would willingly blame the shipper as much as the carrier...yet I don't see that. 

form your own opinion I  say it was packed fine...

You can see where ups even taped the corners after they threw or dropped it

The picture of the bolt is the bolt that was used to bolt the press to the large heavy piece of plywood that was in the box.

IMG_1964.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1961.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg

IMG_1965.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

Oh and I forgot one thing,  he went to the UPS Store and they helped him pack it ...... :thumbsup::angry:

You by chance don't work for a shipping company do you?